LeapFrog products have been in our house since we started having babies! We’ve had a Violet, maps, the reader and we even reviewed the original LeapPad (wayyyy back in 2011). We have been very pleased with them.
We were recently sent a LeapFrog LeapPad3™. The girls saw the box and immediately wanted to play with it, but I made them wait so we could charge it up. Once it was charged up, it resulted in hours of fun before having to plugin it back in.
We’ve compiled a list of 10 awesome things about the LeapFrog LeapPad3!
- It comes with a USB rechargeable battery, USB Cord and AC Adapter. No more sucking down all of the AA batteries. And, that battery lasts for quite a while. We’ll be good on the road, too because we have an outlet in the car!
- It comes preloaded with 10 apps like Photo Fun Ultra (which your kids will use to take silly pictures and make them sillier), Pet Pad Party and more.
- You get a choice of one free app download that you or your children can pick. We picked a logic app that has the kids make a path for a little critter. It has a ton of levels and is challenging even for the 7 year old.
- It has 4GB memory built in. That’s a lot of pictures and drawing that can be stored. My kids love taking pictures of themselves and each other. This also means you can buy a lot of apps and store them on the device.
- Parent controls. I can log in and decide which of the kids accounts if any are able to have Wi-Fi as well as set the ability levels.
- Super responsive stylus. As I was setting the account up, I was amazed at how accurate the stylus was at getting the right letter for email addresses, names and more. I really like the soft tip, too.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with LeapSearch powered by Zui. It allows the kiddos to search around and explore kid-friendly web content that is 100% pre-screened and approved by learning experts. My favorites were the YouTube videos showing science experiments and the animal videos.
- Skill levels are automatically adjusted on certain apps. The LeapPad3™ learns from the kids and adjusts so they get the best experience. This kind of reminds me of when I was studying for and taking the GRE.
- Two cameras, front and rear. The girls love taking pictures of themselves and their sisters to set up their accounts and have them interact within the apps. The cameras aren’t HD or super fabulous resolution, but the kids love them.
- Access to 1000+ educator-approved games, apps, eBooks, videos and more. I can decide which apps to purchase based on what my kids’ levels and interests are so that they get the most use out of them. We had purchased a Cinderella app on our previous LeapPad and it synced right up with our new one.
The LeapPad3 has been a great addition for our girls to have a safe place they can play and have fun.
We’ve put together a video of some of our favorite features, with the girls included! Check out what they think!
You can buy the LeapPad3 on Amazon and if you have prime, get it in two days!
What new technology are your kids enjoying at your house?