Soccer, the second season | WW

March 13, 2012 in wordful wednesday

Last year? The Panthers.

This year…the turtles? Really? The turtles? Slow and steady wins the soccer game? Guess it’s safe to point out that I didn’t come up with the mascot.

Either way, she’s thrilled to be playing soccer again. And, her sister is thrilled to get to go to practices and watch the games (she’s still too young to play).

soccer time

I missed the first game, but I heard she hustled a lot more this year and had a great time.

getting her run on

Just some strange things to figure out. It’s a different league than last year. The field is smaller (even though she’s older) and there is no referee and no goalie. I get it that they don’t keep score, but how to they learn the game without a referee to enforce the rules of the game? So, it’s an adjustment for daddy (and mommy, too).

I’m linking up here.  Go and visit their Wordful and Wordless Wednesdays.

image

Comments on this entry are closed.

Elaine
Twitter: elainea
March 13, 2012 at 10:53 pm

I don’t get the no goalie thing either. Huh.

Of course B is playing pretty serious these days lately and i”m really getting into the games. It’s SO fun!! :)
Elaine´s last blog post ..Cheerio, Old Chap!

debi9kids
Twitter: debi9kids
March 14, 2012 at 12:04 am

yeah, that is odd.
Why not at least teach the full game? Strange.

LOVE the running action shot and her big cheesy grin :)

PS LOL , The Turtles . heehee
debi9kids´s last blog post ..pausing from the moving chaos to breathe a little

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell March 14, 2012 at 1:01 am

She looks mighty pleased even with a bit of chaos on the field. I don’t understand the no ref thing either!
Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell´s last blog post ..My New Beauty – W/W

grandma Pat March 14, 2012 at 9:05 am

I am so glad she likes sports and being outside doing things.

Stacy Uncorked
Twitter: RandomCoolChick
March 14, 2012 at 9:11 am

No ref and no goalie? That seems strange to me, too. So cool she loves it so much! :)
Stacy Uncorked´s last blog post ..Signs of Spring At Last

Jen E @ mommablogsalot March 14, 2012 at 9:57 am

So cute, she looks thrilled! Maybe the “Turtles” thing is to psych out the opponents and lull them into a false sense of security? Don’t worry about us, we’re just the turtles – no competition at all… and then, BAM!
Jen E @ mommablogsalot´s last blog post ..Simplifying & Decluttering: In the kitchen

Carrie
Twitter: ASassyRedhead
March 14, 2012 at 11:17 am

Would you just LOOK at that proud face!!

Priceless.
Carrie´s last blog post ..Being accepted just the way I am isn’t so SCARY after all…

Lindsay @ Bytes of Memory
Twitter: bytesofmemory
March 14, 2012 at 3:07 pm

So fun!! She looks so cute in her uniform! Sammy has his first practice tomorrow :-)
Lindsay @ Bytes of Memory´s last blog post ..Water Beads

amanda March 14, 2012 at 3:46 pm

the turtles?? honey that is hilarious!!

and that sweet smiley face in the first picture? LOVE!!

Ryan (The Woven Moments)
Twitter: thewovenmoments
March 14, 2012 at 9:39 pm

I’m constantly, CONSTANTLY amazed at the way you capture the spirit of your girls.

That first picture is a show stopper for no other reason that the depth of spirit and joy I see on your daughter’s face. Beautiful!
Ryan (The Woven Moments)´s last blog post ..My 5 Favorite Blog(ger)s Right This Minute

Shannon Stubbs
Twitter: summers1405
March 14, 2012 at 9:59 pm

I love watching the little people play soccer. My niece is 5 and when we go watch her, she spends all of her time standing there waving at my daughter and I, and then will get upset if she didn’t get to kick the ball at least once.
Shannon Stubbs´s last blog post ..Ahhh!!!