Baby E’s first trip to the pool | Mommy and Me Monday | 123rd ed

June 24, 2012 in mommy and me

It’s time again for Mommy and Me Monday. Pop out from behind that camera and capture yourself in action with your kids.  Check out the inaugural Mommy and Me Monday for more information.

Taking your kids to the pool is hard. Especially when none of them swim. And, they all require sunscreen, including the four month old, who can’t yet have any.

Needless to say, it’s hard to get us all there and figure out who is doing what. The older two get their swimmy arms or puddle jumpers (if you don’t have them, they are awesome and a floatation device…and I bought them), and E, well, she was in my carrier once and the stroller and didn’t go for a dip.

But this weekend? We figured out that the pool is actually in the shade after an early dinner…so she finally got to go for a dip. She loves the bath, and the pool is almost that hot, so we figured she’d love the pool, too.

I’d say I was pretty spot on. She loved kicking her little legs and floating in the pool with us. We tried the floaty, but since she isn’t sitting up yet, it was a bit of a challenge.

It was fun having the whole family at the pool and surprisingly not much work and pretty enjoyable.

Ev and mommy in pool

Mommy and Me Monday at  Really, Are You Serious?

**There really is only one requirement here, a picture of you and your baby or babies; your children, your “baby” (ie significant other) or even your fur babies.  If your picture doesn’t feature you (meaning you must be in the picture), I will have to delete your link.  It’s not fair to the others that follow the rules.**

I try to make sure and visit all of you and leave some comment love.  Please spread the love!  And, I never mind the comments, either:)

Comments on this entry are closed.

The Pepperrific Life June 25, 2012 at 3:47 am

Looks like she had fun. I think that’s a smile I see in the photo :) So cute!
The Pepperrific Life´s last blog post ..When Timeouts Don’t Work

Krystyn July 2, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Oh yes, she was loving it and smiling a lot. She just isn’t the biggest smiler when daddy’s behind the camera.

Mr. Serious June 25, 2012 at 8:23 am

I love the look of pure joy on your face. A baby will do that to your face, kinda cool how that works.

grandma Pat June 25, 2012 at 9:04 am

so glad to hear she likes the pool. What a cute mommy and E picture.

BigMamaCass
Twitter: bigmamacass
June 25, 2012 at 9:43 am

Awesome! I havent been daring enough to try with my four year old yet even. The water petrifies me. :-(
BigMamaCass´s last blog post ..Much needed pampering {Mommy and Me Monday}

Krystyn July 2, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Seriously, the puddle jumpers make all the difference. They are actually approved floatation devices (Target, BRU and Amazon have them).

Elaine
Twitter: elainea
June 25, 2012 at 1:29 pm

My babies always loved the water from a young age too. But you are right, it is crazy to take all the kids to the pool. I have one really good swimmer now though, so that makes it a bit easier. :)
Elaine´s last blog post ..Time together & MEM

Krystyn July 2, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Oh, a good swimmer…that sounds awesome.

dramaqueensmum
Twitter: dramaqueensmum
June 25, 2012 at 1:38 pm

So adorable.
dramaqueensmum´s last blog post ..Mommy & Me Monday

Carrie
Twitter: ASassyRedhead
June 25, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Oh, wow. She has always favored you so much.

But now? I’m seeing a whoooole lot of her daddy in her! Cute, cute pic!
Carrie´s last blog post ..I felt old. I felt young. I saw Tom Cruise’s nipples. All in the same 2 hours.

Krystyn July 2, 2012 at 10:56 pm

So many people did the same thing with the oldest. And, now she looks just like me…so, we’ll see.

Either way, yeah, she’s pretty cute.

jared's mum
Twitter: vixquips
June 25, 2012 at 7:23 pm

that is such a beautiful photo of you + the littlest one! :D

swimming is really the best! had i know my son would enjoy it much to swim in the pool, i would’ve enrolled him in swimming class when he was that small! :D
jared’s mum´s last blog post ..how to keep your home spic-and-span while living with a toddler

Krystyn July 2, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Aww…thanks!

We only did swim lessons with the oldest when she was 18 months old..they went terribly.

amanda June 25, 2012 at 11:48 pm

squeee!! cute baby in the water!!

Cat Davis - Food Family Finds June 26, 2012 at 1:36 pm

So sweet! We didn’t get our kids in the pool that early but I love seeing them in there splashing around as toddlers.
Cat Davis – Food Family Finds´s last blog post ..Cooking Fail | Homemade Caramel Sauce Gone Wrong

Krystyn July 2, 2012 at 10:59 pm

It’s so hot here..but the older two were more like 7-8 months (I guess it just depends when they are born!)..and the fact that she has older sisters wanting to go!

Bella Rose
Twitter: mamademics
June 26, 2012 at 2:54 pm

We took Baby S to the pool yesterday as well. I wore him in my Water Wear carrier initially, but we took him out after he got used to the water. He seemed to like it I can’t wait to try again when he’s a little bigger. I’ll have to get screengrabs from the video we took and post them soon.
Bella Rose´s last blog post ..Wordless Wednesday

Krystyn July 2, 2012 at 11:00 pm

I never thought to use a water carrier, but I think since I have the older two, I’d lunge to one of them and give her a face full of water.

Marnie Byod June 27, 2012 at 1:16 am

Sounds like she had so much fun in the pool. She looks very cute at her suit. It is nice to have some time like that with the family. Hello Baby, you are so cute!
Marnie Byod´s last blog post ..visit blog

Krystyn July 2, 2012 at 11:01 pm

She had a great time!

Katherine G
Twitter: KGLaLaLandMommy
June 28, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Aaaaahhh!!! The picture is so adorable!!!
Katherine G´s last blog post ..It’s Perfectly Natural Hair Products Review

Krystyn July 2, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Thanks so much! We think she’s pretty adorable, too.