Holding them close | WW

July 31, 2012 in wordful wednesday,Wordless Wednesday

Facebook is good for keeping up with people. No need for high school reunions or get togethers, because you can get it all on there (not discounting the face to face interactions, of course).

However, you are also privy to the heartbreak, the pain, and the loss. Miscarriage and infertility, death, accidents, divorce and more.

Today while reading, I found a post that stopped me in my tracks. Not somebody I talk to, really, but somebody I knew way back in high school; we were in the same classes and graduated together. With a husband and two beautiful little girls that she unexpectedly left behind. Their lives will never be the same. They lost their wife and mother.

And, it puts things into perspective.

All those things that I think matter. They don’t. Not in the grand scheme of things.

What matters? Showing them you love them at every single chance. Telling them you love them a hundred times a day. Because the thought of them being without me, or me without them? Scares the shit out of me. So I’m going to hug them, and love them and really keep it all in perspective as best I can. When they ask me to take a picture, I’m going to stop what I’m doing. When they want my attention to tell me something, I’m going to listen.

When they want to hug on their sister and touch her and kiss her, I’m going to {safely} let them.

(I’m sorry mom and grandma for cussing. Sometimes, there isn’t another way to say something to convey it!)

Sister Hugs

I’m linking up here.  Go and visit their Wordful and Wordless Wednesdays.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Andrea July 31, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Hello! I felt the same way earlier – and I still am – with these little boys dying on Lake Lanier. It just hit too close to home… I wrote a post about it too. The feeling – the reality – is hard to shake. Anyway …
I love the picture of your little ones! I hate that I didn’t get a chance to talk to you today at the GSMM meet-up – I would have loved to talk ‘shop’ – are you still designing websites? Great post and maybe our paths will cross again soon!

Krystyn August 1, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Oh, no kidding. I can’t even comprehend how those parents feel. Way, way too close to home.

Social events and kids really don’t mix, do they? Sorry we didn’t get a chance to chat. And, yes, still doing sites (www.krizzydesigns.com)

Emily
Twitter: http://ourmilkshakes.com/wordless-wednesday-3/
July 31, 2012 at 11:28 pm

That is really sad. Your post is perfect…mom and grandma will get over it. Miss those girls like crazy.

The Pepperrific Life July 31, 2012 at 11:36 pm

My heart goes out to the family she left behind. Yes, it is a reminder to show our love to the ones we hold most dear. I also can’t bear to think of how my daughter would cope when I’m gone.

And yes, sometimes cussing is the only way to get a point across…
The Pepperrific Life´s last blog post ..Why I Shouldn’t Be Friends With My Daughter (Not Too Much!)

Krystyn August 10, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I just can’t even imagine the pain they are dealing with right now.

grandpa July 31, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Great article sweetie,
Love is the greatest gift that we can possible give to people.

I love you
Please give Matt and My granddaughters a hug and kiss from grandpa.

Grandpa Joe
P.S. I could hug all of you more if you lived in texas….. :-)

Krystyn August 10, 2012 at 9:28 pm

you and emily..always putting in a plug for Texas.

Terra Heck August 1, 2012 at 1:25 am

It’s times of tragedy and death that we pause to realize just how precious life is. So sorry to hear of your high school friend’s passing.

Krystyn August 10, 2012 at 9:31 pm

It’s sad that it takes tragedy to remind us sometimes. We just get so caught up we forget to appreciate it all.

nancy August 1, 2012 at 2:17 am

thank you. thank you for the reminder. it’s good indeed to know that we really have no flippin’ clue what tomorrow holds for any of us.
And those girls of yours are really stinkin’ cute too!
nancy-of the crazy 9

Krystyn August 10, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Thank you!

And, yes, makes you want to carpe diem just a bit:)

Krystyn August 10, 2012 at 9:34 pm

PS I tried to go to your blog and it said there were no posts?

pat chance August 1, 2012 at 9:16 am

thank you for the great reminder about family and life. Very sorry to hear about your fellow classmate. Cussing once and a while is OK. Give the girls and Matt a big hig from Grandma. I love you all very much.

Jenny
Twitter: jenshutan
August 1, 2012 at 1:55 pm

That is so sad to hear and so young. Prayers for her family. And you are right…nothing else matters but showing how much you love your family…even if it means hugs that are a little too tight by big brother.
Jenny´s last blog post ..A Big Deal…

Krystyn August 10, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Oh, there are sooo many of those here!

amanda August 1, 2012 at 3:15 pm

so heartbreaking friend.

hugs to you and yours and sending prayers to your friends family.

Joyce@MommyTalkShow
Twitter: MommyTalkShow
August 1, 2012 at 3:19 pm

So sorry for your loss.
Your girls, as always, as friggin’ adorable and loveable.
Joyce@MommyTalkShow´s last blog post ..Video Review & #Giveaway: Potty Tots Training Book, DVD & Charts

Krystyn August 10, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Thanks, Joyce:)

BusyWorkingMama
Twitter: BusyWorkingMama
August 1, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Awww, sweet photo. In the grand scheme of things, none of the little annoyances really matter. My first thought usually is – it could always be worse!
BusyWorkingMama´s last blog post ..Homemade Barbie Ball Gown #WW

Krystyn August 10, 2012 at 9:47 pm

That’s true..I need to try to adopt that attitude, but it’s always the in the moment things that get me.

Katherine G
Twitter: KGLaLaLandMommy
August 1, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Totally agree. Hold your love ones close cause you never know when your last chance will be.
Katherine G´s last blog post ..Wordless Wednesday (my new camera)

Krystyn August 10, 2012 at 9:49 pm

I just hate that it takes something so tragic to remind us..well, me.

Krystyn August 10, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Okay, maybe blogger is down, but yours is the second blog I’ve come across that says it doesn’t exist?

Janelle@domesticallyseasoned August 2, 2012 at 7:49 am

thank you for remanding me to stop and kiss and hug my kiddo! Life is taken away from us way to soon sometimes. Hold dear every moment!
Janelle@domesticallyseasoned´s last blog post ..It’s time for a hair cut

Krystyn August 10, 2012 at 9:51 pm

I’m trying to…really trying to!

Des @StressFreeBaby
Twitter: StressFreeBaby
August 2, 2012 at 8:01 am

Well said my friend..and so true!
Des @StressFreeBaby´s last blog post ..You Can Be My Hero–#WordlessWednesday

Bella Rose
Twitter: mamademics
August 9, 2012 at 12:02 am

One of my husband’s HS classmates passed away from undiagnosed postpartum issues less than 3 weeks after having her second son. He went to school with her and her husband. I was out of town w/ Baby S when he found out and he called me so distraught. I blogged about the postpartum issues I had and I had just been diagnosed w/ Bells Palsy a few days prior. He just kept saying how happy he was that I’m still here and that he knows all of this is rough on me but to remember that I’m still there w/ them. It really put everything into perspective for me and I’ve tried to remember that when I’m having a particularly emotional day.
Bella Rose´s last blog post ..Short Post–Breastfeeding Annoyances

Krystyn August 10, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Oh my goodness. How horrible and sad. That’s really tragic.

Tara August 17, 2012 at 10:11 pm

That’s so true! It’s always nice to remember to stop and slow down and cherish the little things in life :)
Tara´s last blog post ..Baby Burp Cloth Set, Chenille Burp Cloths, Pink Floral and Chevron Zig Zag by JuneTheShop

Krystyn August 26, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Most definitely.

PS Cute shop!

Lorie Shewbridge
Twitter: http://wmljshewbridge.blogspot.com
August 25, 2012 at 5:11 pm

How terribly sad… I know just what you mean about your children being everything to you. Mine still are and they are 21 & 24. We still talk almost every day via FB or text. Just to say hi or I love you. If they would, I would have them still living with me. =)
This was an amazing post, sorry it took me so long to get to it.

Krystyn August 26, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Thanks for stopping by!

I chat pretty regularly with my mom and sisters, too! But, I can’t imagine living with them:)

{ 1 trackback }