Ode to Numero Dos | WW

August 21, 2012 in wordful wednesday

Whew. You sure keep me on my toes. You are my baby Hercules. Born to be a middle child.

You do things that I truly don’t understand (tearing pages out of books, putting holes in the ceiling and acting like you are giving your baby sister CPR?). You are a quandary.

Case in point? Blueberry duck lips. You love to eat the frozen variety. Then, you get my phone, use the forward facing camera (I watched this time discretely to see what you would do), smile, then decide otherwise and do duck lips? T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

She steals my phone and does ducklips with blueberries. I always new the middle child was trouble.

I’m hoping soon you get to the point that you don’t wait for your big sister to make a decision before you make your own. Grandma and Grandpa took you to the store to get you a bike. You wanted a Cars bike. Your big sister convinced you that you needed this princess bike with the carrier for your baby in the front. (Grandma and Grandpa had the after-thought to remove big sister from the decision.) So, now you have a princess bike. And, Baby Bell has to go with you. Don’t worry, she wears her velcro seat belt.

Your very first time on your bike, you wiped out. Hard. Bloody hand and elbow. You had mommy clean you up. You said it hurt, but it didn’t hurt and wanted to go back and get back on it. You’ve been on your bike every day since.

Yeah. She's a badass. Just look at that seat for baby Belle!

You dress yourself just to make people laugh. You wear shirts as skirts and shorts as sashes. And then put capri pants on underneath. You certainly have your own style.

You helped your sister hide for hide and seek…you know how to make the game easier.

I could be wrong but I don't think hide and seek involves helping your hider hide.

Even though you are a ball of energy and borderline crazy, you have a super sweet side and love to help your little sister whenever she needs it. It’s important to note that your idea of “help” and my idea of “help” are very different, but your intentions are good.

Yes, our middle child, you are trouble, and crazy and overwhelming and a sweetheart.

You’ve been talking about school starting for over a month. Well, the day is almost here. We’ll make sure to pray for your new teacher.

I’m linking up here.  Go and visit their Wordful and Wordless Wednesdays.

CommentLuv badge

{ 15 comments… read them below or add one }

Elaine
Twitter: elainea
August 21, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Sounds like my middle child! He is DEFINITELY different than his older brother and little sister! ha!
Elaine´s last blog post ..When an almost three-year-old reads…

Krystyn August 31, 2012 at 3:17 pm

There is something about that second one, isn’t there?

Annie @ Mama Dweeb
Twitter: MamaDweeb
August 21, 2012 at 11:19 pm

that was soooo precious!! She sounds just like my oldest daughter. Mine makes the silliest duck faces at my phone too! I haven’t bought her a bike yet. She’s 5 so I am thinking “why am I putting it off?”
Annie @ Mama Dweeb´s last blog post ..#WW – Kansas chicks

Krystyn August 31, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I have to give the grandparents credit for the bike..they wanted to get it for her:)

Maggie S.
Twitter: AccidentalDesig
August 22, 2012 at 7:46 am

Wonderfulness.
Maggie S.´s last blog post ..Queue Up, If You Can

Dee
Twitter: twoofakind
August 22, 2012 at 8:42 am

Oh my!! It sounds SOOOO much like MY middle child!! :) It must be something they’re born with!
Dee´s last blog post ..Wordless Wednesday – I Blinked…

Camille
Twitter: Camilleta
August 22, 2012 at 10:06 am

She is too cute. I’m pretty impressed that she got right back out there on her bike. Not a lot of adults have that kind of perseverance!
Camille´s last blog post ..Bumpdate – 26 Weeks!

Charlotte August 22, 2012 at 11:15 am

I live her sense of style! It’s so unique! Love the first photo too!!!

Julie Ghrist August 22, 2012 at 2:02 pm

:) Love this… my favorite part is your idea of “help” and my idea of “help” are very different… we have that in our house too. My son LOVEs to “help” with everything we do. It is so sweet and cute but such a pain in the butt at the same time :)

Amanda August 22, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Jill is the same way, I think she was born to be a middle child as well. That will have to become a reality some day.

amanda August 22, 2012 at 3:45 pm

she just kills me honey!!

seriously!!

you are one lucky mama :)

angie
Twitter: 7clowncircus
August 22, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Love posts like this that showcase a child and their personalities and what they like to do at a certain age because all too soon it’s forgotten…..:)
angie´s last blog post ..Wordful Wednesday – Camping & Riding in the Mountains Near Manti, Utah

Nicole August 22, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Omg she sounds precious. I bet that as much trouble she gets into, she keeps you smiling and amazes you. Your post about her certainly made me smile. :)
Nicole´s last blog post ..Save on Merrick cat food at Petco

Emily
Twitter: http://ourmilkshakes.com/wordless-wednesday-3/
August 23, 2012 at 10:11 pm

I love this post! Keep being the PERFECT middle child, Nat!

Lisa August 27, 2012 at 10:03 am

those middles are something! i love the blueberry smile :)
Lisa´s last blog post ..Full of words Wednesday!

{ 1 trackback }