Snow Mountain | Mommy and Me Monday | 199th ed

December 8, 2013 in mommy and me

It’s time again for Mommy and Me Monday. Pop out from behind that camera and capture yourself in action with your kids.  Check out the inaugural Mommy and Me Monday for more information. Need another reason to participate in Mommy and Me Monday? Read my post about why I blog with words from a friends’ husband.

The weather in Atlanta has been nothing short of nasty this last week. I think it’s rained pretty much every single day this week…making things depressing to say the least. And it’s been hot, too. Friday, I almost turned the AC back on. We had plans to go to Stone Mountain’s Snow Mountain Saturday with my cousin in town, but the weather was so wishy-washy, so we waited until the last minute.

We decided to make a go of it. And, it was perfect. The threat of rain seemed to really scare people off and there were little to no lines. The only bad thing? I failed to bring a jacket and gloves for myself. I think that’s better than forgetting the kids stuff!

Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain Mommy and Me Monday

{Just like last year, the obligatory top of Stone Mountain picture. Yes, it was COLD up there.}

E is still a little too short (surprisingly only 2 inches) to ride on Avalanche Alley (the large tubes), so Mr. Serious and my cousin took the big girls up. They were able to ride like 5 times each. The lines were so short and moving very quickly which made for some very happy girls.

Snow Mountain and Stone Mountain

{Who told these two they could grow up so much? Emotional mommy much!}

Apparently, N thought it was funny to call my cousin “Aunt Emily” or “you”. Of course, neither one is her name. But, she was a good sport about it.

Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain Mommy and Me Monday

While they were tubing, E and I hung out in the Snow Fort area. She was able to ride on a little tube that was moved around. Pretty sure she didn’t really know what to think about it.

Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain Mommy and Me Monday

She was much happier just sitting in the snow and putting it in the bucket, one handful at a time. (And, me being 37 weeks pregnant, I was pretty happy with her just sitting there and playing in the snow.)

Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain Mommy and Me Monday

The oldest was done with the big tubes and decided to bring daddy over to the little kids area. They thought it would be fun for her. Again, she wasn’t really impressed (and honestly, seemed a little disturbed that daddy and her big sister just pushed her down a hill!)

Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain Mommy and Me Monday

After playing in the Snow Mountain area, we went and changed into warm and dry clothes that we had packed and grabbed lunch. I noticed many people had vouchers for their meals and drinks and found if you buy your tickets online in advance, you can include a meal plan with it. Great idea and way to save money….you know I’m all about a deal.

Snow Mountain is such a fun place for a family to go…even with kids of all ages and sizes. There is definitely a place for everybody to enjoy it.

Mommy and Me Monday at  Really, Are You Serious?

**There really is only one requirement here, a picture of you and your baby or babies; your children, your “baby” (ie significant other) or even your fur babies. If your picture doesn’t feature you (meaning you must be in the picture), I will have to delete your link. It’s not fair to the others that follow the rules.**

I try to make sure and visit all of you and leave some comment love.  Please spread the love!  And, I never mind the comments, either:)

Stone Mountain provided us with tickets to Snow Mountain. All thoughts are my own.

CommentLuv badge

{ 38 comments… read them below or add one }

Dawn L December 9, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Oh how wonderful, it looks like you had a fab time! I am overdue for some family fun!

Melissa December 9, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Love these posts! Looks like you had such a fun time! We had fun playing in the snow this weekend too.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell December 9, 2013 at 10:52 pm

I’ve heard of that place but I didn’t know what all it had there so I’m glad you showed it. That actually looks totally fun! On a weather note, you are NOT kidding about depressing weather lately!

LaShawn December 9, 2013 at 11:00 pm

I really promised myself that we have to get over to stone mountain this year for the snow! and I really need a photo of us at the top of the mountain!

brett December 9, 2013 at 11:24 pm

well JEEZ! i want to go play on snow tubes! we should see if they have that anywhere near us
brett´s last blog post ..My Christmas Wish: 25% more…… #MoreisBetter

katherine December 10, 2013 at 8:00 am

Now that looks like so much fun!

Karen Hartzell (@InTheKitchenKP)
Twitter: InTheKitchenKP
December 10, 2013 at 8:50 am

Super cute pics of a fun family day! Stone Mountain really is a lot of fun. We are lucky to have it so close.
Karen Hartzell (@InTheKitchenKP)´s last blog post ..Personalize Your Holiday with Personalized Bakeware and Other Kitchen Gifts #PCholiday

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy
Twitter: mmommie
December 10, 2013 at 10:37 am

Soo cute! I can’t wait to go this weekend! I already told Natalie about it and she is counting down the days!
Amy @ Marvelous Mommy´s last blog post ..Come Link Up | Create Link Inspire Party

Onica {MommyFactor} December 10, 2013 at 11:39 am

Oh this looks like such a fun trip. Your little one tubing is so adorable. I need to introduce my son to the this type of fun.
Onica {MommyFactor}´s last blog post ..Visiting CBS “The Talk” Show, Garth Brooks & Holiday Episodes #EverybodyTalks #TheTalk

Chrishelle @ Cheer MamaDrama December 10, 2013 at 12:18 pm

I love Stone Mountain at the holidays. We have a family pic from the top of the mountain too. I love the little Christmas village. We have never been to snow mountain.My oldest daughter went with her aunt and said it was cool. We will have to check it out soon.
Chrishelle @ Cheer MamaDrama´s last blog post ..HOLIDAY GOODIES FOR YOUR CHEER TEAM: SNOWMAN POOP

Piera December 10, 2013 at 2:19 pm

We love Snow Mountain! We went last year and had such a great time! It’s so nice to have this as an option here in Atlanta where it rarely snows. Now we get to partake in the snow just like the North!

Debi December 10, 2013 at 8:57 pm

How fun. I remember being able to do things like this with the kids. but now my asthma keeps me out of the cold.
Debi´s last blog post ..Getting Kids Fit in the New Year the Fun Way With Zumba Kids

Stacie Connerty
Twitter: StacieinAtlanta
December 10, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Man, the weather really has been nasty in Atlanta lately. I have never taken my kids to Snow Mountain, but have been trying to work out a time with friends to finally take my kiddos.
Stacie Connerty´s last blog post ..See Puerto Rico – Win A 3 Night Stay for 2! {GIVEAWAY} #5StarPR

Tonya {The Traveling Praters} December 10, 2013 at 10:54 pm

That looks like so much fun! I love Stone Mountain, but my family has never been in Atlanta during the winter months to experience it. We have visited several times to enjoy the laser show during the summer though. Your little one looks so cute sitting in the tube. And kudos to you for getting out and enjoying the day. When I was that far along, it was painful to go to the grocery store. I can’t imagine a day in the snow. :)
Tonya {The Traveling Praters}´s last blog post ..Enjoy a 5-Star Vacation to Puerto Rico

Stefani December 11, 2013 at 1:10 am

Looks like a day of fun for your family. I plan on taking the kids to the snow this winter to go sledding.
Stefani´s last blog post ..PINCHme Because I LOVE Free Samples

Healy Harpster December 12, 2013 at 4:04 pm

That looks like a lot of fun! My kids will surely enjoy the snow. Thanks for sharing your photos, the girls are so adorable!
Healy Harpster´s last blog post ..How To Get Rid Of Stubborn Fruit Flies

Lindsay @ BytesofMemory
Twitter: bytesofmemory
December 14, 2013 at 8:29 am

What a fun day! I am hoping to take Sammy tubing at the local ski resort in January! It looks like so much fun!
Lindsay @ BytesofMemory´s last blog post ..1,000+ Thankful List–Puppy Kisses, Thanksgiving Fun and Food

amanda December 17, 2013 at 3:07 pm

this place looks like so much fun!!

makes me think we need to check out our place like that out here….