Balsamic-Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Strawberry Salsa and Minted Spring Pea Salad {Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free}

May 10, 2014 in recipe

Having cut gluten and dairy from my diet for over 3 months has been quite the challenge. But, I’ve also discovered a lot of new foods and meals that I would have never prepared before. And they are really good!

I’ve started with inspiration from the (aff. link) gluten-free family plan with emeals and then modified to accommodate the dairy-free part. I’m also noting that I do do fresh garlic or onion, so you won’t see those here either. I will sometimes use garlic and onion powder.

{Admittedly, I was incredibly nervous about this one and didn’t take any pictures during the process, but really, who cares, it’s delicious and this is the final product!)

balsamic-marinated pork tenderloin with strawberry salsa and minted spring pea salad

Balsamic-Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Strawberry Salsa

• 2 1-lb pork tenderloins
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 2 T Worcestershire sauce
  • 2T honey
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1/2 t freshly ground pepper
  • 2 cups finely-chopped fresh strawberries
  • 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
  • 2 T fresh lime juice
  • Place pork in a large container (bag or sealable glass)
  • Whisk together vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and honey
  • Pour mixture over the pork and seal the container
  • Refrigerate at least three hours or overnight
  • Preheat oven to 375F
  • Remove pork from the container and sprinkle with salt and pepper
  • Discard the marinade
  • Place pork in the oven for about 30 minutes or until cooked through
  • Remove the pork from the oven and cover with foil. Leave it for about 5-10 minutes before slicing.
  • While pork is cooking, combine strawberries, jalapeño and lime juice. Serve with the pork.

Minted Spring Pea Salad

• 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
  • 1 lb fresh snow peas trimmed
  • 1/4 cup chopped mint
  • 2 T vinegar
  • 2 t spicy brown mustard
  • 3 T olive oil
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1/4 t freshly ground pepper
  • Cook green peas and snow peas (ours came in a microwaveable bag)
  • Combine peas and mint in a serving bowl
  • Whisk together vinegar, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper
  • Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat well

Then, you put it all on your plate and gobble it up. My kids devoured all of it. I was planning on left overs and there weren’t any. They loved the strawberry salsa even with the heat and the peas with the dressing was drool-worthy!

Comments on this entry are closed.

Candy O. May 11, 2014 at 12:35 am

What a great new way to have pork tenderloin. Will have to add it to my recipes :) Thanks!!
Candy O.´s last blog post ..Five Job Search Tips for Military Spouses #Milspouse #ad

Robin (Masshole Mommy) May 11, 2014 at 6:34 am

That sounds really tasty. My kids aren’t big on pork, so I am always looking for new ways to make it for them so that hopefully they will like it :)
Robin (Masshole Mommy)´s last blog post ..Perfect Mother’s Day Treat: Lemon Muffins with Strawberry and Vanilla Bean Glaze

Demetra May 11, 2014 at 10:59 am

This recipe looks delicious. Peas are one of my favorite vegetables so I love the idea of using two types of peas. I’ll definitely try the pork tenderloin as well.
Demetra´s last blog post ..BBQ Shrimp Recipe

Veronica May 11, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Looks like a great meal. I don’t eat meat anymore though, but it sure looks good
Veronica´s last blog post ..Happy Mother’s Day!

Heather @ It's a Lovely Life! May 11, 2014 at 1:14 pm

What a really colorful dish! I love all the fresh foods you used and the flavor combos you went with. Strawberry is such an awesome addition!
Heather @ It’s a Lovely Life!´s last blog post ..Mother’s Day #Moem From MetLife and Me!

noelle d May 11, 2014 at 3:55 pm

That looks REALLY REALLY GOOD :)
noelle d´s last blog post ..Share Your Memories – Easy Canvas Review #makingmemories

StacieinAtlanta
Twitter: StacieinAtlanta
May 11, 2014 at 4:33 pm

That looks great. Balsamic Vinegar is just so versital. Thanks for the recipe.
StacieinAtlanta´s last blog post ..C. Wonder Fabulous Mother’s Day Picks ~ Get 30% Off #CWonderMothersDay

Carly Bellard May 11, 2014 at 9:45 pm

This sounds like a perfect Summer meal idea! I love the idea to use strawberries instead of tomatoes!
Carly Bellard´s last blog post ..Mommy & Me: Silly Selfie Edition

Janell Poulette May 11, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Yum! I had never thought to have strawberries with pork. It sounds like a great combination.
Janell Poulette´s last blog post ..Maleficent – Clip “Awkward Situation”

Lindsey @ Redhead Baby Mama May 11, 2014 at 10:32 pm

I love emeals. We do the clean eating plan and I love all the new veggies it makes us try.
Lindsey @ Redhead Baby Mama´s last blog post ..The #AladdinMason Southern Luncheon Recap

Mitch May 11, 2014 at 11:11 pm

You had me at pork! These recipes look very interesting, I am putting them in the file!
thanks,
Mitch
Mitch´s last blog post ..Happy Mother’s Day To Me. #MothersDay #HappyMothersDay

Christie May 11, 2014 at 11:43 pm

WOW, pork and a strawberry salsa? Who would have thought? This looks fabulous!
Christie´s last blog post ..Happy Mother’s Day!

Pam May 12, 2014 at 1:02 am

This certainly has ingredients in it that I think would be very tasty. I love anything that adds Worcestershire sauce to it. One of my favorites. I love finding new recipes for pork.
Pam´s last blog post ..So God Made A Mother

Susanna @Zealous Mom May 12, 2014 at 6:17 am

This looks so fresh and healthy. I don’t have any food allergies, but I always feel better when I limit gluten and dairy. They both make me feel really full and bloated. I will have to share this recipe with some friends who totally eat gluten-free.

Amanda May 12, 2014 at 7:11 am

This sounds really delicious! We love pork tenderloin!
Amanda´s last blog post ..Celebrate Mother’s Day By Creating a #Moem with MetLife!

Rosey May 12, 2014 at 10:29 am

I have never tried a strawberry salsa. I think it sounds really nice!

Krystal May 12, 2014 at 11:19 am

I’ve never made strawberry salsa, but I’m intrigued! It looks amazing.
Krystal´s last blog post ..Plan the Perfect Picnic at the Park With Huggies Clutch ‘n’ Clean Wipes #HuggiesMomStyle

Marina May 12, 2014 at 1:05 pm

I’m not a big fan of pork but what caught my eye was that strawberry salsa. Mmmmm.
Marina´s last blog post ..Happy Mother’s Day Super Mom!

Ashley May 14, 2014 at 2:55 pm

These looks amazing! Pinning fo sure!
Ash