God Bless Baby B | Mommy and Me Monday | 225th ed

June 8, 2014 in baptism,mommy and me

All of our girls have been baptized around 5-6 months. Frantically, last month, I realized I needed to get it on the books, coordinate it and get all of the family here. With various health issues and conditions going on, we weren’t sure who would be able to make it. Fortunately, my mom and Mr. Serious’ parents made the trip over for the weekend to see our fourth little girl baptized in the church.

Forgetting to turn the flash on for my mom, the pictures from the actual baptism are blurry. But, I can’t help but love this one, still. You can see all of us, and the oldest is just so happy looking over at daddy and her sisters. It makes my heart smile.

B's baptism

Of course, the pastor couldn’t get through the introductions without a comment about our four girls and hoping that Mr. Serious had a boy dog at home. No such luck. But, he ended that part by reminding us how blessed we are! We couldn’t agree more.

B did great. No fussing. Smiling at everybody and just being cute. E was a hoot and ended the baptism by telling our pastor “happy birthday” and then yelling “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” when she thought she was being ignored. It’s a good thing everybody says how cute she is.

(I always feel like we need to keep the girls quiet during a service when they come into the sanctuary. We had them all in the service for the baptism. Afterwards, an older couple came up to Mr. Serious and told him that we didn’t need to worry about the noise our girls were making. After all, “they are the future of our church!” I wanted to squeeze them and hug them!)

We tried to get a family picture after the service. And, well, we just went with the best we could get.

B's baptism

(Another side note, my mom decided to let the girls convince her to flat iron their hair for the service. When they came in with their beautiful girls all straightened out, I was very sad. I love their curls and I want them to as well!)

Mr. Serious wore the same suit for all four girls (but he interchanged the tie a couple times).

Family of 6 picture? Well, 5/6 isn’t bad to be looking, right? My sweet B wore the same gown that her sisters wore and that my cousin and guardian angel wore.

B's baptism

She fell asleep on the way home and even slept through a car to house transfer. When she woke up, she was super happy and definitely needed a picture in her gown one more time.

B's baptism

Should you want to see the others, E’s baptism, N’s baptism, and my first born’s baptism.

Did you capture your Mommy and Me this week?

It’s time again for Mommy and Me Monday. Pop out from behind that camera and capture yourself in action with your kids.  Check out the inaugural Mommy and Me Monday for more information. Need another reason to participate in Mommy and Me Monday? Read my post about why I blog with words from a friends’ husband.

Mommy and Me Monday at  Really, Are You Serious?

**There really is only one requirement here, a picture of you and your baby or babies; your children, your “baby” (ie significant other) or even your fur babies. If your picture doesn’t feature you (meaning you must be in the picture), I will have to delete your link. It’s not fair to the others that follow the rules.**

I try to make sure and visit all of you and leave some comment love.  Please spread the love!  And, I never mind the comments, either:)

Comments on this entry are closed.

Lindsey @ Redhead Baby Mama June 9, 2014 at 8:25 am

The first family photo is great – it looks like a fancy filter has been put on top. People pay for that kind of stuff! And the “extra” picture of B in her gown is beautiful. I had Red wear my brother’s outfit (with matching embroidered cap and bib)for his baptism!
Lindsey @ Redhead Baby Mama´s last blog post ..Feeling a Little Crafty

Bren June 9, 2014 at 8:25 am

So wonderful! I loved the comment from your fellow churchgoer! Congratulations!!!
Bren´s last blog post ..The 3′s

Jen E @ mommablogsalot June 9, 2014 at 8:55 am

Great pictures, I really love the first one – I love when the “accident pictures” become the best shots.
Jen E @ mommablogsalot´s last blog post ..weekend link love: june 6, 2014

Camille
Twitter: Camilleta
June 9, 2014 at 9:53 am

Aww, she is just beautiful in the gown. I love the comment about the kids being noisy. :)
Camille´s last blog post ..Brynna Updates: 16 – 18 Months

Kat June 9, 2014 at 12:23 pm

What a gorgeous family! And that last picture is just beautiful. Congratulations to your beautiful baby girl!!! :)

P.S. Our priest always tells families with babies not to worry if the babies start to cry. As he says, “If your parish isn’t crying it’s dying.” Ain’t that the truth!
Kat´s last blog post ..Back to Birds

maria
Twitter: Maria RSmith
June 9, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Adorable! And yes…may God bless baby B…and all of you!
maria´s last blog post ..[VIDEO] Southern Airways Express takes the Stress out of Flying

dramaqueensmum
Twitter: dramaqueensmum
June 9, 2014 at 5:28 pm

She looks so pretty in her dress.
dramaqueensmum´s last blog post ..Mommy & Me Monday

Tina Ernspiker June 9, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Thanks for the link-up! We have four kiddos too! Two girls and two boys. Have a great week!
Tina

Tina Ernspiker´s last blog post ..Homeschooling, Eclectic Style

MommaE June 10, 2014 at 7:24 am

Happy Baptism sweet B! I love that most of her grandparents were able to be there. I like the first picture as well, Iz is just SO happy! Your dress is super duper cute. I love that all of your girls have worn Taylor’s baptism gown. So special.

Jessica June 10, 2014 at 9:14 am

What a beautiful family! She looks absolutely adorable in her little white dress. My mommy and me moment this week was when my little girl graduated from VPK. It seems like a small milestone to some but as a parent I am so proud and excited for her to be taking the next step to Kindergarten!
Jessica´s last blog post ..Tackling Your Summer Skincare Woes With HSN + My 9 Essentials! #SummerSkin

April June 10, 2014 at 8:28 pm

That is so sweet!!!! I have 4 and I have to agree that it is hard to get everyone looking the same direction at that age! I am hoping to join in next week.
April´s last blog post ..Is Dad a comedian? Cafe press to the rescue for Father’s day!

Onica (MommyFactor) June 11, 2014 at 11:52 am

Such a cute baby. It’s great that you capture these special moments in your children’s lives.
Onica (MommyFactor)´s last blog post ..Dusan Brown Interview for Blaze and the Monster Machines Animated Nick Series

StacieinAtlanta
Twitter: StacieinAtlanta
June 11, 2014 at 1:16 pm

What a wonderful day. Your little girl is gorgeous!
StacieinAtlanta´s last blog post ..Accessories Council #ACTopPICKS Father’s Day Gift Ideas

noelle d June 12, 2014 at 8:55 pm

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that last one ;)
noelle d´s last blog post ..Mens Vaseline – Great #FathersDay gift idea #Giveaway (ARV $150)

{ 1 trackback }