From Houston….Mommy and Me Monday | 232nd ed

July 27, 2014 in mommy and me

Atlanta to Houston (well, suburbs to suburbs) should take approximately 13 hours. It took us 14 on the way there and 15 on the return. We debated splitting it up into two drives (leaving after dinner and driving a couple hours, and stopping at a hotel) and decided against it.

Our kids don’t sleep in the car and we knew they would be super wound up and we wouldn’t get any sleep in the hotel. So, we woke up at 4:30am and hit the road. We pulled into my parent’s driveway 13 hours later, but they had fajitas and margaritas waiting for us. Yum!

We did a lot of driving back and forth between my parent’s where we stayed and Mr. Serious’ family’s house. And, we spent a lot of time in their pool (where we unbelievably didn’t get any sunburns!)

Buried under kids in the pool

Thankfully, my sister, brother-in-law and niece came over twice and we got to spend time with them. These two have changed a lot since the last time they saw each other!

My mom also dragged me (sidenote, not a fan of the word dragged, but I now it’s not supposed to be drug) to the gym with her for a bootcamp class. I need to work on getting in shape a little more. The class was super hard and the room was like a sauna! Let’s also talk about the fact that she gave me some new “in-style” bauble exercise shirt that makes her look way cuter than me.

It was the fastest paced visit to Houston I think we’ve ever had, but it was really good to see everybody! Now, let’s not talk about that 15 hour drive home…the one where my children collectively slept for less than 2 hours total!

It’s time again for Mommy and Me Monday. Pop out from behind that camera and capture yourself in action with your kids. Check out the inaugural Mommy and Me Monday for more information. Need another reason to participate in Mommy and Me Monday? Read my post about why I blog with words from a friends’ husband.

Mommy and Me Monday at  Really, Are You Serious?

**There really is only one requirement here, a picture of you and your baby or babies; your children, your “baby” (ie significant other) or even your fur babies. If your picture doesn’t feature you (meaning you must be in the picture), I will have to delete your link. It’s not fair to the others that follow the rules.** I try to make sure and visit all of you and leave some comment love. Please spread the love! And, I never mind the comments, either:)

CommentLuv badge

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

Lindsey @ Redhead Baby Mama July 28, 2014 at 8:06 am

I was following on Instagram! I love that photo of B and Milkshake – you have your hands full of cuteness!! (Not unusual :) ) I love that ya’ll all got to hang out, and I’m SO impressed with your road time with a carload of people.
Lindsey @ Redhead Baby Mama´s last blog post ..A Girl’s Baby-free Weekend

Krystyn August 3, 2014 at 11:20 pm

It’s because we are crazy! and we watched a LOT of movies! Well, we listened…the kids watched!

noelle d July 28, 2014 at 9:05 am

awe – long trip.. but i am sure the girls absolutely loved it…
noelle d´s last blog post ..Libby’s Is Here to Help with #Back2School Lunch Ideas!

Krystyn August 3, 2014 at 11:20 pm

Every time we get in the car now, they ask if we are going to Texas! Even E!

Jenilee July 28, 2014 at 9:23 am

your red suit is cute!! and boot camp classes scare me… I’ll take a long run any day! :)
Jenilee´s last blog post ..Apartment Living with My Parents

Krystyn August 3, 2014 at 11:21 pm

Thank you! I have a hard time finding one pieces that fit well and this one does!

And, I’d totally do boot camp over running ANY day:)

Katherine G from La La Land Mommy
Twitter: KGLalalandmommy
July 28, 2014 at 11:13 am

Looks like you and your family had a great time. You and your mom look so much alike. Both of you are beautiful. Your baby girl and your baby niece have grown so much.
Katherine G from La La Land Mommy´s last blog post ..Great Clips Wants To Buy Your Back To School Supplies & Help Teachers #GreatList

Krystyn August 3, 2014 at 11:23 pm

I get that a lot! And if you put my sister in the picture? It’s even crazier!

It’s crazy how much they’ve grown, isn’t it? It happens too fast!

Camille
Twitter: Camilleta
July 28, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Aww, sounds like a nice visit. The car rides sound rough. :( But yay for no sunburns!
Camille´s last blog post ..Mommy & Me Monday

Krystyn August 3, 2014 at 11:24 pm

It was definitely long. I sooo wish they would sleep in the car!

dramaqueensmum
Twitter: dramaqueensmum
July 28, 2014 at 4:44 pm

I hate long rides like that. They get so boring. I’m sure Houston is fun. I want to go to Texas someday. I’ve been having trouble with your Mommy & Me button lately. Not sure if it’s just my computer though.
dramaqueensmum´s last blog post ..Eye trouble

Krystyn August 3, 2014 at 11:25 pm

So very boring! Texas would be one serious road trip for you!

I’m sorry about the button. For some reason, even though the quotes are correct, they are changing to curly ones and then it doesn’t work. I just pulled it all together this week. If you want to add a a link, great. If not, cool, too!

{ 1 trackback }