The shade in Houston a couple weeks ago was pretty hard to find. That’s pretty much par for the course like 90% of the time there. Add to it the fact that the in-laws have a pool and hot tub, and the girls will be outside a lot!
Since I discovered sun protective clothing many years ago, it has been all the girls are allowed to wear when they are going be outside. In fact, I even got a swim shirt for myself.
Since I knew we were going to need new sunnier and uv protective clothing this year, I was happy to accept an offer from UV Skinz to send us some and I purchased some as well to complete the outfits. Hey, I like matching:)
Why I like to keep our skin protected with sun protective clothing from UV Skinz
1. This has UPF 50+ woven right into the fabric.
2. The kids don’t have to wait for me to apply sunscreen/ sunblock, or not nearly as much (elbow to wrist, bottom of legs and head).
3. They are more conservative than many kids swimsuits these days and not see-through.
4. They are super cute.
5. They are lightweight and dry very quickly.
6. They are treated for chlorine resistance so they last longer. (We still have this swimsuit from 5 years ago and it’s not hugely stretched out like some other suits I purchased previously after one summer!)
7. The bottoms have drawstrings so they stay in place.
8. They have flat-lock sticking throughout the entire garment to eliminate irritating seams.
9. They have Reglan cut sleeves for full range of motion.
We are quite the fans of UV Skinz and have and will continue purchasing our swim protecting clothes from them. They will get a lot of use at the pool this summer as well as on several trips we have planned.