I’ve been packing a diaper bag for almost 10 years. This does not make me feel youthful. What it does make me feel is experienced. At this point in my life, I can pack a diaper bag in about 2 seconds. And, it’s important to me that it’s functional, CUTE, and easy to carry. I’ve got all of that and more with the Ju-Ju-Be BFF. If you are a video person, scroll down to the bottom to catch it.
Can we just oooohhhh and ahhhhh over the awesome that is the tokidoki x Ju-Ju-Be Space Place? Because it really is adorable. And before you go thinking that it’s only for girls, my husband gladly carried it as well! (And, he wears our 4 year old in our tokidoki x LILLEbaby carriers all the time!)
The Ju-Ju-Be BFF is a messenger bag, back pack and traditional diaper bag all in one. My personal favorite is to use it as a back pack because I need tone as handsfree as possible. But, I find that I’m often using the handle on the top to lift it up off the floor or out of our van. Because, versatility is a must!
It has all of the pockets:
- 2 exterior insulated to keep a drink or bottle hot or cold (Thinsulate 3M)
- 4 gusseted interior pockets
- 3 zippered interior pockets
- 2 interior picture pockets (hello mom brag!)
- a front parent pocket for keys, (with a stretch key fob), sunglasses and even more space
- quick reach cell phone or camera pocket
- a GIANT main pocket for all of the “stuff” that has a unique zipper closure to allow easy access but nothing falling out
So what’s in my Ju-Ju-Be BFF bag?
- swaddle blanket (have you seen the 11 uses I’ve come up with for swaddle blankets? Never leave home without one.
- ZoLi sippy cups x2
- itzy ritzy snack bag
- itzy ritzy wet bag
- wet bag with 2 changes of clothes for 2 + 4 year old
- baby pibu sunscreen
AND….there is room to spare for the random stuff my girls hand me like hats and notebooks and water bottles. I should probably get them their own bag!
The BFF is the perfect pair with a baby carrier. I’m completely handsfree on a hike with my family with my daughter on my front and my Ju-Ju-Be BFF on my back.
And, if a certain little two year old decides she’d be happier on my back, I can spin her around in the carrier and swap out the carrier and the back pack goes on the front.
Other great features:
- The Ju-Ju-Be BFF (and I think all of their bags) are machine washable! Hallelujah!
- The hardware on the bag is metal. It is so much harder to damage the metal than plastic.
- The liner is treated with Agion treatment to help inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria, mold and mildew.
- Even though it’s machine washable, it’s trench with Teflon fabric protector to help repel stains.
- A memory foam changing pad is included.
- The interior of the bag is lighter colored so you can actually see stuff in your bag.
- The bottom has structured with luggage feet so it stands easier and also doesn’t sit the fabric directly on the floor.
There are a ton of other great features of the Ju-Ju-Be BFF that I mention and point out in my What’s in My Diaper Bag Video. Make sure you check that out, too. Plus, who doesn’t like to try to listen to people to see if they can detect a hint of an accent?
Check out the video:
*Some of the included items in this post were sent as samples. All thoughts are my own. This post contains affiliate links.