We are a family that enjoys a good dessert. Sometimes it’s healthy like fruit or applesauce and sometimes we like to indulge a little more.
Thanks to the The PEEPS® and PEEPS & COMPANY® for sending us some of their new products and information, we had some in the house and decided it would be fun to experiment a little.
We were sent all of the new PEEPS® flavors to try out as well as several other candies to strike our Halloween fancy.
- NEW PEEPS® Tombstones: Fun and frightening marshmallow grave markers
- PEEPS® Chocolate Mousse Flavored Marshmallow Cats: Black cat chocolate mousse marshmallows
- PEEPS® Marshmallow Ghosts: White ghost-shaped marshmallows adorned with spooky faces
- PEEPS® Marshmallow Pumpkins: Orange pumpkin-shaped marshmallows decorated with jack-o-lantern faces
- PEEPS® Milk Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Orange Chicks: Package of three delectable marshmallow Chicks dipped in milk chocolate
- NEW PEEPS® Pumpkin Spice Flavored Chicks Dipped in White Fudge: Joining the highly anticipated trend with new marshmallow Chicks in a pumpkin spice flavor that are dipped in white fudge
- NEW PEEPS® Caramel Apple Flavored Chicks Dipped in Caramel Fudge: Capturing the taste of this fall tradition with marshmallow Chicks that are apple flavored and dipped in caramel fudge
- NEW PEEPS® Candy Corn Flavored Chicks Dipped in White Fudge: Orange, yellow and white, these three PEEPS® Chicks are sure to delight
- Mummy’s Mix/Vampire Variety Snack Pack: This variety bag comes with pouches of both the Mummy’s Mix (lemon, orange, grape, lime and raspberry) and the Vampire Variety (cherry, raspberry, grape, watermelon and fruit punch) flavors
- Original Fruits Snack Pack: Original Fruits has been loved by kids and adults alike for 75 years and this treat is perfect for trick-or-treaters.
- Fierce Cinnamon Snack Pack: Give your trick-or-treaters something extra spicy for Halloween; perfect for party favors
- GOLDENBERG’S® Original Dark and Milk Chocolatey PEANUT CHEWS®: A combination of chewy chocolatey bites loaded with crunchy peanuts conveniently in a snack pack so you can share
We’ve made dirt dessert before, but there were a lot more ingredients. And while it was good that way, it was more time consuming and the appreciation factor for the extra work wasn’t really there, so we decreased everything and the word is that they are delicious.
You will need sandwich cookies, chocolate pudding mix, whipped topping, cold milk and PEEPS® Tombstones.
We blended up the pudding according to the box and allowed it to sit for the time recommended. Then we added our thawed whipped topping and mixed. While this was happening, the oldest took about 20 sandwich cookies in a plastic zippered bag and smashed them into crumbs.
To clear plastic cups, we added a spoonful of cookie crumbs to each cup. Then we topped that with some of the pudding mix. Continuing on, we added more cookies and more pudding until the cup is to the desired fullness leaving cookies as the final top layer.
We finished them with the tombstone marshmallows or other decorations. And a couple Mike & Ikes to look to like hands coming up…or flowers.
They were a hit all around and hit the dessert spot! I think it would be fun to make these in smaller cups too and make them into miniature desserts.
You can get 30% off your next purchase, no minimum required, from now through 10/31/15 using Discount code: HALLOWPEEPS15.
I think these would make a great treat at a Halloween party that everybody will enjoy!
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Whipped Topping, thawed
- 15-20 sandwich Cookies, finely crushed
- Tombstone Marshmallows
- gummy candies (like Mike & Ikes)
- Follow pudding directions to make chocolate pudding.
- Stir in whipped topping.
- Add a spoonful of cookie crumbs to each cup.
- Top with some of the pudding mix.
- Add more cookies and more pudding until the cup is to the desired fullness leaving cookies as the final top layer.
- Add tombstone marshmallows or other decorations. Add gummy candy to look like hands coming up…or flowers.