Alternate title: Why my “strap on” has saved my life.
Promise this is not a knock on formula feeding, or a breast-feeding only read. You do what works for you:)
For both girls, I was fortunate enough to never have to buy formula. Nursing is saving me thousands. Seriously.
However, this meant I had/have to pump at work…3 times a day. I can’t really say that I always do it joyfully. It takes at least 30 minutes from start to clean up. That’s a lot of my day.
So, here’s a list that I’ve put together that will help you be successful
1. Bring your pump with you. It might seem obvious, but, I don’t want to forget anything here.
2. Have bottles and pump parts in your bag. Again, obvious….but, what good is your pump without all of the parts?
3. Lock the door to the room you are using.
4. Put a sign up with a picture of cow utters and the times you will be in said room. Trust me…they’ll get the point.
5. Buy a “strap on” (as my friend likes to call it) hands free pumping device. I have a PumpEase. Look how cute it is. I wish I would have had one of these the first time around. And, hey all of you Canadians..it’s Canadian made. Don’t you love me supporting you guys. This is how I pump and blog at the same time.
So, that’s how I’ve saved money on formula…buy not having to buy any.
But, if you do have to buy formula, make sure you sign up with the company that you prefer, because they will send you tons of checks:)
Happy baby feeding.
Mamalicious Monday is brought to you by the Gift Closet. Head on over and check it out.