In between watching movies and coloring, we listened to lots of music on our road trip. We were lucky enough to receive The Best of The Laurie Berkner Band or Putumayo World Music’s Rock & Roll Playground.
We had never heard of either of these CDs (or artists for that matter). Of the two, our favorite was The Best of the Laurie Berkner Band. The songs are catchy and cute, yet still good for parents. In fact, after just listening to the CD two times in the car, we have been singing the songs in the house and at the park. Even #2, at 22 months, has started singing some of the words along. In addition to the good music, there are also lessons to be learned. #1 has really grabbed onto and run with the “I’m not perfect” song and asked us what it means and if we can still love people if they aren’t perfect. Talk about a powerful lesson from a song!
Putumayo Kids Rock & Roll Playground features popular songs like “Row, Row, Row your boat” and “Oh Susanna” but with a little twist. It features tons of great kids artists, from the established (Dan Zanes) to up-and-coming (Brady Rymer). For some reason, these songs weren’t quite the hit as the other CD. I know that they will like them more, it just wasn’t as immediate as the other CD.
Both of the CDs made a great addition to our road trip and entertainment collection.
Win It: I have been given the opportunity to give one lucky Really, Are You Serious? reader a copy of both of the CDs I reviewed.
First Entry: Visit Laurie Berkner’s or Putumayo World Music and let me know which song you think you or your kids would like the best.
EXTRA ENTRIES– Please leave an additional comment for each extra entry!
– Grab the new Really, Are You Serious button and place it on your blog (it’s to your right).
– Follow this blog (at the bottom of the page)…please re-follow if you aren’t being updated.
– Follow me on twitter (link at top right).
– Grab the Road Trip Event Button and place it in your sidebar (to your right)
– You already have the Road Trip Event and commented on that original post (5 extra entries).
– Enter any other current giveaways (1 entry per giveaway-tell me which you entered)
– Tweet this giveaway (leave the link to your tweet); one tweet daily; just come back and comment each time:
Win a copy of The Best of the Laurie Berkner Band and Putumayo’s Rock & Roll Playground #giveaway with @SeriousKrystyn http://bit.ly/cgXq9I
*OPEN TO US
*Winners are chosen by random, so make sure you leave individual comments, not all in one!
*Winner has 48 hours to contact me, or another winner will be chosen.
*Contest ends Wednesday, July 28th at 9pm EST. Winner will be posted shortly after.
*Rules for each entry must be followed to be valid.
My opinions are my honest, and thoughtful views and were not influenced by any source. I was not compensated monetarily for this giveaway. I received the samples to facilitate the review.