I’m quite certain I’ve never let on that it’s always rainbows and unicorns around here.
But, just in case you had that thought, let me show you some photographic evidence that this is not.the.case.
We haven’t seen rainbows and unicorns in quite a while around here. At least at nap time.
“Nap time” seems to be code for, “I’m going to do everything within my power except nap.”
And, that power? Seems to be that of Popeye.
After one particularly quiet nap time, I walked in a certain 2 year old’s room.
This is the disaster that I saw….
- over there on the bed frame, that is the box springs.
- the pretty pink bedskirt that is balled up on the floor.
- the mattress pad and sheet are somewhere on the floor.
- all of the blankets, pillows and lovies are on the floor.
- a random beach towel is under the mattress (pretty sure it’s a Barefoot wine towel…which is was a bottle of Barefoot wine for me!)
- Notice I haven’t addressed the mattress? That’s because it’s over here…
Pushed up to her dresser??? Am I raising baby Hercules? Why is my adorable daughter moving her mattress clear across the room?
Why? “I make my clock yellow. It’s time to wake up. But, it not yellow. It gray. You fix it.”
**ETA: Want to guess where that dresser is now? In her closet. Just like her sister. With a lock on the door. Her room? Looks like a baby jail now.
I’m linking up here. Go and visit their Wordful and Wordless Wednesdays.