I can remember us always having Log Cabin syrup growing up. It was the “go to” syrup that my mom always purchased. (My mom is in town, I just told her it’s now HFCS Free and she was ecstatic!)
While I take the “everything in moderation” approach to HFCS, it is nice to know that companies are concerned about it and making changes. So, we’re glad that Log Cabin doesn’t have high fructose corn syrup!
Surprisingly, the Lite syrup was our favorite. It was just the right amount of “sweet.” And, I couldn’t find any artificial sweeteners on the label.
The others are good, too, but the Lite was definitely our favorite.
Recently, Log Cabin did a survey, and these are some of the fun findings:
Breakfast a la Mom
· Don’t tell Paula Deen, but she came in third… Mom may not have a show on the Food Network, but she runs the show at her own house. Outranking Rachel Ray (22%) and Paula Deen (15%), Mom is the top pick for America’s favorite breakfast chef with 42 percent preferring that she make the first meal of the day at their houses.
Please Pass the Conversation
· Talking with your mouth full: A delightful surprise! Modern families continue to make conversation over their morning meal. Eighty-eight percent of Americans talk to each other over breakfast, outnumbering those who watch TV (63%) or read a newspaper or magazine (51%) or use an iPad/mobile device (35%).
· Logging on when chowing down: It’s no surprise that the younger crowd checks in online in the morning more than their elders. 47 percent of Americans ages 18-34 use an iPad, check email, send texts or talk on the phone during breakfast, twice as many as those ages 55-64 (23 percent).
One lucky reader will win their own Breakfast kit (like mine) which includes: All three Log Cabin Syrups (Original, Lite and Sugar-Free, all of which are high fructose corn syrup free) so that your family can do your very own syrup tasting, griddle, spatula, plates and more.
For your first entry:
What is your favorite breakfast?
- Follow me on twitter @SeriousKrystyn (leave username-1 entry)
- “Like” Really, Are You Serious? on Facebook. (leave username- 1 entry)
- Leave a NEW and RELAVENT comment on any of my other posts (1 entry per comment, tell me which post)
- Follow via this blog via GFC (1 entry)
- Enter this giveaway on any giveaway linky (leave the link) (4 entries)
- Tweet (once daily;1 entry per tweet; leave the url link to your tweet):
- Enter to win a Log Cabin Breakfast Kit via @SeriousKrystyn http://bit.ly/htck6y #giveaway
- Post this on your FB status (leave the link by clicking on the time underneath your status). (2 entries):
- Like breakfast? Enter to win a Log Cabin Breakfast Kit (syrup, cast-iron skillet, spatula and more) via Really, Are You Serious?
*OPEN TO US ONLY!
*Winners are chosen by random, so make sure you leave individual comments, not all in one!
*Winner has 48 hours to contact me, or another winner will be chosen.
*Contest ends end by Wednesday, April 13th at 9pm EST. Winner will be posted shortly after.
*Rules for each entry must be followed to be valid.
I received the syrup and breakfast shown to facilitate the review. No other compensation was received. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.