I love Norah Jones’ music. It is light, upbeat and sort of has a jazzy feel. I actually previously owned two of her CDs, so I was very excited to get a chance to listen to her newest CD, The Fall.
This CD seemed a little less jazzy and a little more rock and roll (do people even say that anymore)? I still love how light The Fall is and the sound of her voice is just so soothing. According to her site, in The Fall Norah is experimenting with different sounds and a new set of collaborators. I think that explains the “little more rock and roll” feel I was getting from it.
The following is the track list for the album:
1. Chasing Pirates (Norah Jones)
2. Even Though (Norah Jones/Jesse Harris)
3. Light As a Feather (Norah Jones/Ryan Adams)
4. Young Blood (Norah Jones/Mike Martin)
5. I Wouldn’t Need You (Norah Jones)
6. Waiting (Norah Jones)
7. It’s Gonna Be (Norah Jones)
8. You’ve Ruined Me (Norah Jones)
9. Back To Manhattan (Norah Jones)
10. Stuck (Norah Jones/Will Sheff)
11. December (Norah Jones)
12. Tell Yer Mama (Norah Jones/Jesse Harris/Richard Julian)
13. Man Of The Hour (Norah Jones)
You can head to hulu here to view and listen to a sample of her newest CD.