This review was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Pampers. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine.
This weekend, we fall back. Before kids, it was a blessed time. An extra hour of sleep! Woot. Now, it just means my kids that are up by 6:30 (at the latest), will likely be up at 5:30!
Not surprisingly, half (52%) of moms surveys feel that their baby’s sleep patterns are thrown off when clocks ‘fall back.” However, I am curious who the other 48% are and how their kiddos are so well adjusted. Kim West, a sleep expert has several tips to help.
One that we see as important every day, is to make sure that our children are well-napped during the day. A well-rested child goes to bed so much easier than one that is over-tired and fussy.
Both rooms where our girls sleep have blackout curtains and a sound machine. It’s really helpful when the sun comes shining in their rooms really early. And, the white noise covers over the noise from any of their siblings that might wake in the middle of the night.
Of course, it’s also important to rely on our established soothing bedtime routine. It’s more important for our youngest, with a book, some rocking and a song or two.
We are very fortunate to have never had E wake up in the middle of the night (once she started sleeping through the night) because of a wet diaper. However, many parents and kids aren’t as lucky. Waking to an upset and wet baby is no fun (we did experience this with the first two girls who didn’t use cloth for sure!)
Pampers is hoping to improve that. Across their entire line, Pampers diapers are now three times drier than ordinary diapers, which results in their best possible experience for baby.
Pampers Baby Dry diapers offer little ones up to 12 hours of overnight protection! The features include
- An “Ultra Absorb” core to cover up to 95% of overnight loads.
- Their most absorbent Baby Dry ever (sizes 2-5) with a 15% increase in capacity.
- Three layers of absorbency vs. two (the amount found in ordinary diapers).
- A longer absorbent area
- Snug, stretchy sides, colored tabs and a belted design to reassure parents that the diaper will hold up.
Next week on November 7th at 9pm EST, there will be a #PampersSleepChat Twitter Party that will take place. The chat will be about how the end of Daylight Savings Time can affect sleep patterns. You can also get tips on easing the transition from The Sleep Lady, Kim West.
Join in and RSVP for the twitter party!
- $50 AMEX Gift Card, $25 Children’s Place Gift Card, Pampers product and book by Kim West.
- $100 AMEX Gift Card, Pampers Product, series of books by Kim West
- Grand Prize: $500 AMEX Card to purchase sleep items such as a new crib, video monitor, etc.
To participate, follow your hosts @DoubleDutyDivas, @BridgetteLA, @CeceliaMecca @AngieKcom @WhatMommiesNeed @RamblingChick, sleep expert @TheSleepLady and our sponsor @Pampers.
Not only can you win at the twitter party, but you can win here, too. You can win your choice of a Pack of Pampers Baby Dry Diapers, and a pair of Children’s Place PJ’s (just like the super cute jambes E is sporting above!).