Chicken is so pricey these days. In fact, all meat is. So, it was nice to discover Zaycon Foods. They feature fresh, never frozen, no hormones or additives added meats (chicken, turkey, pork, beef, fish) and fruits available for delivery! You can check on their events page to see if they have any events near your house.
• Our Trademark Event — now coming to select locations in the midwest
• 100% natural chicken with no added hormones, additives or artifical ingredients
• Comes directly from the farm and has never been frozen
• Sold by the case — 40 lbs in each case
[NOTE: Each case contains three or four bags in a larger sealed bag. The smaller bags are not uniform in weight.]
The chicken, as you can see above, is a side-by-side breast. Some of them weighed in at over 4 pounds. One set fed our family for two days! They are huge and juicy and delicious.
I’ve already prepared several meals with our chicken, but one that was a huge hit was some homemade chicken nuggets.
- Chicken breast cut up into pieces.
- Italian dressing (although, if you are a Ranch lover, I bet that would work well, too).
- Panko bread crumbs.
- Salt and pepper to taste on bread crumbs.
I took the cut up pieces of chicken, rolled it in the dressing, then rolled it in the seasoned bread crumbs.
Cooked at 350 for about 25 minutes. Delicious, tasty and easy. And, everybody in the family loved them.
(After I took this picture, I put them in the broiler for about 3 minutes to give them a little more golden brown color and crunch).
Full disclosure. I received the a sample from Zaycon Foods to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.