-#2-Bear. She woke up too early from the anesthesia and fought with us for about 20 minutes. It’s like she wanted to get away from the feeling but couldn’t. And, she wasn’t awake fully. Add to it the fact that she had tons of blood coming out of her nose and eyes. And, she ended up throwing up on the way home. She looked like she got into a really bad fight.
She really did well and she was so brave. It’s just terrible seeing your little baby like that. Sidenote: Clogged tear ducts mean her tears don’t drain properly. She makes tears just fine. But, they are supposed to drain towards the inside of your eyes and into your nose. Hers don’t and her eyes get all goopy and have the possibility of infection.
-Last Monday, was our seventh Anniversary. No itching here. In fact, we made exciting plans. In the morning, we took #2 to the orthopedic doctor to have her feet checked (turns out she’s flat-footed), went to a casual lunch, and then met with a financial planner (for baby steps 4, 5, and 6 of the Dave Ramsey plan). Talk about exciting. I guess we are really grown ups now.
Love him just as much… well maybe more than the day he asked me to be his girlfriend almost
12 13 years ago! And, asked me to be his wife over 7 years ago.
– I failed to get the girls Christmas dresses this year. Total mom fail. Fortunately, I had a dress for #2, because she wore #1’s from two years ago, but I didn’t have anything for #1. I got on the Facebook, sent out a request and found a friend had kept her daughters’ dress. Success.
– The grandparents wanted gift ideas for the girls. I really couldn’t think of anything for them, so I asked Mr. Serious. He suggested some sort of t-ball set. I thought it wasn’t wise as the bat could be used as a weapon. So, I suggested a doll house. I think it was quite the hit. And, it still is!
– I never think of gift ideas for myself, either. I’m terrible at it. Not until the last minute when it’s too late. So, I’m putting it out here right now. I’d really like a Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens for my camera. And, while I’m at it, even though Mr. Serious says we don’t have room for it, I’d like a KitchenAid Stand Mixer and I don’t even care what color it is.
– We had a white Christmas in Atlanta. First time since 1882. It
was is really cold here, which is a huge contrast from just a month ago. I didn’t even step foot outside in it, either. PJs all day!
– The girls and I got scarves hand made with love by my sister in law. Can you tell she likes hers? Very sophisticated, right? You can see the other scarf in #2’s surgery post, and well, I don’t have a picture of mine, but it’s bright purple and perfect.
– I received several gift cards for Christmas. I went to the mall yesterday (for the first time in forever) and bought some boots, some leggings and a vest. I plan on being warm this year.
– I also got a GC for some new bras. Let’s just say that the girls have had less than stellar support and I haven’t been wearing the right size in, oh, forever!
-I’ve got to make a lasagna tonight. My mom taught me if I make it at night, I can use uncooked, but regular noodles, and then end up perfect the next day!
– My bloody-nosed baby is calling from bed, so that’s all the random for today.