From today (March 8th) through March 14th, Publix grocery stores and some of your favorite brands are participating in BestMealsatHome.com with great savings and in-store coupons that are good through March 28th, 2012. To encourage you to cook at home, visit BestMealsatHome.com to sign up and receive emails with weekly recipes and coupon offers that will help you save up to $200 this year
To kick-off the great savings and enjoy valuable time around the dinner table with your family, Publix invites you to try one of the delicious recipes that you can find at BestMealsatHome.com, which uses Progresso ® Lemon Pepper Crispy Bread Crumbs and Old El Paso® Flour Tortillas to make Lemon Pepper Fish Tacos:
Prep time: 20 Min
Start to Finish: 20 Min
Makes: 5 servings (2 tacos each)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Progresso® Lemon Pepper Panko Crispy Bread Crumbs
- 1 lb white fish fillets (such as tilapia or catfish)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 Old El Paso® Flour Tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch; from 8.2-oz package)
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño chile, seeded, finely chopped if desired
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 small lemon, cut into wedges
- In shallow dish, place flour. In another shallow dish, beat egg and water. In another shallow dish, place bread crumbs. Coat fish with flour. Dip into egg mixture; coat well with bread crumbs.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add fish; cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork. Cut into 30 bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas as directed on package. In medium bowl, mix avocado, tomato and lemon juice. Stir in cilantro and jalapeño chile.
- Fill tortillas with fish, avocado mixture and lettuce. Serve with lemon wedges.
Oven Method Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Follow step 1 above. Place fish in baking dish; drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Continue as directed in recipe.
This is just one of the easy and quick recipes that will be featured. And, they would like to provide you with a $25 Publix giftcard to help you make your best meals at home!
The gift card and giveaway were provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.
a Rafflecopter giveaway