I know so many people/families and children that have benefitted from the services of the March of Dimes. Either through their research, or directly in the NICU at hospitals in the area.
This weekend, at local Simon Malls, they will host Atlanta’s largest radio fundraiser..and it’s benefitting the March of Dimes Georgia Chapter.
On August 6-7, there will be a cooperative effort between more than twenty radio stations in the Atlanta area and stores and shoppers at Lenox Square, Mall of Georgia and Town Center at Cobb. They will broadcast live from the malls to help fun March of Dimes research and programs. Did you know that the March of Dimes research is why we know we need folic acid during our child bearing years to help prevent birth defects as well as other research aimed at preventing prematurity and infant mortality?
In addition to the fundraiser, at the three malls, there will also be a fashion show featuring children that have all benefitted from the March of Dimes services. The Purple It! Fashion Show will be at all three malls on August 7 at 3 p.m. The Fashion Show at Lenox Square, presented by Macy’s, will feature the latest in maternity wear and children’s clothes as well.
If you can’t make it out to the event, but want to donate. You can donate online to the March of Dimes.
Many of the stores in the malls are featuring discounts or services with proof of a donation!
- AmeriPark (Lenox Square and Mall of Georgia) – Valet park at Lenox Square or Mall of Georgia and Ameripark will donate $3 for every car d to the March of Dimes
- Bare Escentuals (Lenox Square, Mall of Georgia, Town Center at Cobb) – With proof of $10 March of Dimes donation, receive a free gift and customized makeunder. Appointments recommended.
- Macy’s (Lenox Square) – With proof of a $10 donation to the March of Dimes, enjoy 15% off select regular, sale or clearance-priced apparel for him, her & kids; all fine & fashion jewelry, select regular-priced home items; all sale and clearance-priced watches. Valid day of receipt through 1/31/2011.
- Gap Kids (Lenox, Mall of Georgia and Town Center at Cobb) –With proof of a $10 donation, received 25 % off regular priced merchandise.
- Dass Salon (Lenox Square) – With proof of $10 March of Dimes donation, received 20% discount on salon services with proof of March of Dimes donations
- Naartjie (Mall of Georgia) – With proof of a $10 donation, receive 15% discount on select merchandise.
- Carol’s Daughter (Lenox Square) – Experience complimentary hand massages with genuinely natural products. March of Dimes donations accepted at the register.
- Toni & Guy Salon (Town Center at Cobb) – With proof of $10 March of Dimes donation, receive 20% percent off salon services.
- Aveda (Lenox Square, Mall of Georgia, Town Center at Cobb) – With proof of a $10 March of Dimes donation, receive a free hair consultation and complimentary sample of shampoo and conditioner.
I didn’t receive anything for this post. I just think it’s a great opportunity to give to March of Dimes, and get a discount as well. Win-win, right? I did go to a meeting with more information and I ate a strawberry shortcake, but there was no expectation for anything else from me.