On being a hippie:
* I made #2’s food homemade. She only had a couple things out of the jar. Homemade just seemed so much tastier. It smelled better and looked better. And, oddly enough, it was way cheaper. Really, also quite easy. But, I’m thinking, instead of steaming in one, and pureeing in the other, maybe an all-in-one baby food preparer is the way to go?
* I’ve been making homemade laundry detergent for a while now. It’s like pennies per load. And, it lasts forever. And, yes, we have clean clothes. Honestly, it really, REALLY is so very easy to make and to use.
* I’m going to cloth diaper baby #3. And, Mr. Serious is totally on board! But, holy cow, are there options. Prefolds, pockets, all-in-ones, snaps, velcro, one-size, perfect fit, hybrids. How does one even decide? Do you just get several different ones, review them and try them out, and then find the one you like best? **
* However, as of right now, I still plan on vaccinating. Maybe a modified schedule? I don’t know.
* And, as long as my platelets cooperate, I’d really like to do the epidural route again…especially if I have to have pitocin.
* So, maybe, I’m only a partial hippie? Selectively doing what I want? Yeah, that sounds like me.
On other Friday random thoughts
* Fall seems to be teasing us here. I did get a pumpkin spice latte. But, just like last year, the first one wasn’t that great. I need a do-over, but I don’t know if I can stomach the $4 and it not be fabulous again.
* The girls are doing so well in school. Reading, spelling, recognizing letters, speaking Spanish and Mandarin, understanding schedules, etc. It’s just amazing to me how much they thrive and have such a great time while they are there.
* My internet connection is barely working. Wonder when this post will finally get published. (Fixed. Apparently, our splitter to the modem is broken. I think I’ll just move the modem instead of buying a new splitter).
* I was at the grocery store this week, and smelled the cinnamon brooms. Am I the only one that loves these? I was so close to picking one up, but, I honestly didn’t know if Mr. Serious was a fan. However, I’ve found out that he is, in fact, a fan of the cinnamon broom. So, here’s hoping I go to the store again soon and pick one up. It just smells like fall.
* Baby Serious is such a wiggler and so strong. I don’t remember the girls kicking and moving around like this. Mr. Serious has even felt him/her move around a couple times! And, I don’t know if I told you guys, we this time? We are finding out the sex of the baby…first time we’ve done it. And, we are finding out Wednesday! Like in just a couple days! What do you think? Boy or girl? We are just hoping for healthy….honestly and truthfully. (Baby at 12 weeks, you know, just incase you think this will help you decide).
* We ordered the girls new loft beds last night. I’m so excited about them and I think the girls will love them. What I won’t love? The lack of sleep they are certain to get until they adjust to sleeping in the same room!
* Girls night with My Atlanta Moms. I’m really excited about it. We always have such a great time.
* I need to work on getting another belly shot picture. I’ve been terrible about getting them this time. I’m 20 weeks (either today or Sunday depending on who you ask and when), so I know I need to get one now. I have one of both of the girls at this stage, so I need one for comparison.
* Is it strange that I really want to do all of the “extra” maternity things now that I’ve never done before. Like maternity pictures. And a 3D ultrasound. But, I’m cheap, so I don’t want to pay for them!
* Alright, I think that’s enough verbal diarrhea for one post! Happy weekend all! Make sure you get your Mommy and Me picture for next week if you don’t have one yet!