I pretty much like everything pumpkin. The one and only exception is pumpkin pie…which everybody else in my family enjoys. So, what’s a girl to do? Take some pumpkin, and make some delicious pumpkin muffins with chocolate and optional marshmallows.
Happy bellies= happy mommy!
What I do like are pumpkin muffins. They are delicious and you can add so much to them to make them more fun.
Flax seed? Sure. Yogurt? Why not. Pretty much anything seed you can add to them to change out the taste a bit.
These are some easy, tasty and versatile muffins sure to please!
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil, you could probably half this with applesauce, too.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 c. chocolate chips (dairy free, like enjoy life or similar)
- 1 c. miniature marshmallows (Optional)
- rolled oats for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients together (or do the dry and wet separate then mix together).
- Pour into greased or lined muffin tins and top with rolled oats.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes (if using loaf pans, bake for 1 hour at 350)
Serving Size:40 muffins
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
Nutrition info calculated with an app. For completely accurate info, calculate using your ingredients.