With Ant Man and The Wasp’s Scott Lang under extreme house arrest, he had to come up with ways to keep himself and his daughter entertained. Disney and Marvel are sharing these Fun at Home Tips with all of us and I see quite a few ideas that my kiddos would love.
There are so many times when we can’t go outside to play because of weather or bugs or time. My kids are constantly saying how “bored” they are and wanting something to do, so this list will definitely help them stay busy. They might even flex their creative muscles.
1. Play drums
You know you don’t even need drums, you can use your hands on a table, or even grab a pen or pencil.
2. Indoor bowling
You can set up a lot of things that can be knocked down easily with a softer ball in your house. Be careful, of course!
3. Read a book
Find a book with actual pages that you really have to turn. Make it a page turning experience and really lose yourself in a good book.
4. Card tricks
You might need the help of an expert, but I bet the kids can figure out a card trick or two faster than we can. Or maybe that’s just me.
5. Practice Origami
One of our girls really enjoys figuring out the right folds and combinations to get their piece of paper into just the right shape. Sometimes she uses tape or glue, but that’s okay. It really gets her in the zone and can even been considered meditative.
6. Shoot some hoops
This one depends on what you have available. But, you can always practice your ball handling skills without having access to a hoop.
7. Build a fort
Who doesn’t love a good fort? I know it’s been bad weather for a while when all of the pillows and blankets are missing from beds and have found their way onto chairs and the couches downstairs. Forts encourage such great imagination and fun.
8. Take a bubble bath
Sometimes it’s good to slow down. The girls call theirs a “soak bath” because it’s not bathing for the purpose of cleaning. Some epsom salts or bath bombs totally make it a more memorable experience for them. And, a nice bubble bath for a grown up is also enjoyable.
9. Watch a movie
Maybe something like Ant-Man and The Wasp which is available for digital download now, and on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD™ on 10/16.
In “Ant-Man and The Wasp,” Scott Lang is grappling with the consequences of his choices, as both the Super Hero Ant-Man and a father, in the aftermath of “Captain America: Civil War.”As he struggles to rebalance his home life with his responsibilities as Ant-Man, he’s confronted by Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym with an urgent new mission to rescue Janet van Dyne from the Quantum Realm. Scott must once again put on the suit and learn to fight alongside The Wasp, all while attempting to serve house arrest, assist fast talking-Luis (Michael Peña) and the X-con Security crew, and thwart the efforts of a new adversary called Ghost (Hannah John-Kamen) and her ally Bill Foster (Laurence Fishburne).
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
- Director’s Intro by Peyton Reed–The talented creator behind some of Marvel Studios’ funniest and most charming films will invite home audiences deeper into the world of “Ant-Man and The Wasp.”
- Making-of Featurettes:
- Back in the Ant Suit: Scott Lang–Hero and all-star dad Scott Lang keeps the laughs coming for the audience, cast and crew.
- A Suit of Her Own: The Wasp–Highly trained Hope Van Dyne is now the Wasp. See how some of her craziest stunts and action-packed scenes were brought to life.
- Subatomic Super Heroes: Hank & Janet–Hank Pym’s wife Janet was lost in the quantum realm. Trace the legacy of these characters and the iconic actors who portray them.-Quantum Perspective: TheVFX and Production Design of “Ant-Man and The Wasp”
- Explore the movie’s visual effects and production design from a whole new viewpoint, in which every micro and macro detail counts.
- Gag Reel and Outtakes–Audiences are treated to the hilarious quips that did not make the film as well as exclusive outtakes from Stan Lee and Tim Heidecker.
- Gag Reel-Join in the fun with these outtakes from the set.
- Stan Lee Outtakes-Stan Lee tries out a series of hilarious one-liners for the scene in which his car shrinks.
- Tim Heidecker Outtakes-Check out Whale Boat Captain Daniel Goobler and his improvised whale-watching riffs.
- DeletedScenes(with commentary by Director Peyton Reed)
- Worlds Upon Worlds-As Janet leads Hank through the surreal landscape of the quantum realm, they encounter an intelligent life form.
- Sonny’s on the Trail-On the hunt for Hank Pym and his lab, Sonny Burch and his henchmen check the security camera of a neighborhood bookstore.
- 10 Years of Marvel Studios: The Art of the Marvel Cinematic Universe–See what it takes to bring the MCU to life, and the role concept artists play in bringing Super Heroes from comic book to screen.
- Online Close-Up Magic University–This commercial will inspire you to expand your mind and maximize your full potential!