BJ’s recently conducted a survey of tailgaters. No surprise that people like wings, burgers, beer and ice to be in attendance. And that the outcome of the game effects their mood after.
Admittedly, I’ve never officially tailgated at a stadium before. Our college didn’t even have a football team and once I got to graduate school it just wasn’t a thing that we did. But, our family does enjoy having some tailgate-esque food at home while catching a game or too.
Chef Glenn Lyman a BJ’s Wholesale Club Cooking Ambassador, came up with some delicious recipes for us to try and recreate and share during our tailgating…or home tailgating. Turns out, you can get pretty much everything you need at BJ’s Wholesale club at a fraction of the cost of a traditional store. And let’s be honest…you are going to be feeding a lot of people at a tailgating party. We got Frank’s hot sauce, chicken, beer, sangria, sparking water, Popcorners, and more.
I decided to change up the Grilled Buffalo Style Wings. I’m one of those rare birds that doesn’t like chicken wings (see what I did there) but I enjoy buffalo sauce and grilled chicken. So, I set out to make some grilled buffalo chicken bites. Because tailgating is all about not using utensils, right? Or did I make that up?
I halved some chicken breast and seasoned them with salt, pepper and garlic powder. They went on the grill for about 8-10 minutes on each side.
I then mixed up the buffalo sauce using Chef Glenn Lyman’s recipe with butter (I used dairy-free butter, Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo Sauce, soy sauce and honey (the recipe calls for green onion, but I don’t believe in onion, so it didn’t go in!) I put it on the stove until it melted. Then, I diced the grilled chicken into large bite-sized pieces and tossed it in the buffalo sauce.
The grilled bites were amazing. We ate them up and even the girls liked them. Turns out they are amazing also on both baked potatoes and salads.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo Sauce
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbl. honey
- ¼ cup green onion chopped (optional. definitely optional)
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and garlic.
Grill covered, turning halfway through, until cooked through, 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter. Add hot sauce, soy sauce and honey, stirring well to combine. Gently bring to a simmer. Set aside keeping warm.
When chicken is cooked through, toss with warm sauce mixture and green onion.
Serve with fresh, crisp veggies.
Right now, BJ’s is offering a Free 90 Day Membership now through December 31, 2016. Shoppers can print the Free 90-Day Membership coupon at www.BJs.com/savings and visit their local BJ’s club to activate their trial.
In addition to unmatched value on one-stop-shopping, a BJ’s membership comes with big benefits, including:
- Valuable Coupons – BJ’s accepts more coupons than any other warehouse clubs.
- Fresh Choices – Shop a delicious variety of fresh produce, meats and bakery items includes everything needed for weekly shopping.
- Custom-Cut Meats – BJ’s butchers are standing by to recut and repackage any selection at no charge.
- Exclusive Club Brands – Save on our high-quality Wellsley Farms® and Berkley Jensen® brands.
- Easy Party Planning – Wow guests with fresh deli platters, custom cakes and cookie trays.
- More Ways to Pay – Get rewarded with My BJ’s Perks ™ Program or use any other form of payment including EBT.
- Order Online and Pick Up in Club – Save time with BJ’s Pick Up & Pay. Enjoy the convenience of shopping online and immediacy of in-Club pick up.
- Gas Savings – Our gas prices are consistently rated as the best around. Find great low prices on fuel every day at 130 locations.
BJ’s Free 90-Day Trial Membership offers savings during the biggest budget-busting seasons of the year, protecting shoppers from such wallet whoppers as:
- Halloween Costumes and Treats
- Thanksgiving Festivities
- Holiday Shopping and Entertaining
Tailgating, the holidays or everyday life, BJ’s Warehouse is a great place to pick up pretty much everything you need including the ingredients to make buffalo chicken bites (even gluten and dairy-free for people like me to enjoy!)