My family and I enjoy eating a good guacamole. With 6 of us dipping into the bowl, we can easily polish off a batch made with three avocados in no time at all. But, it takes a long time to mash, cut, dice and squeeze that much. Plus, chopping the cilantro always gets it all over.
And, well, complain, right, but I have this fabulous little Kitchen Ninja Blender that will chop and dice like nobody’s business. So, I halved and removed the seeds and skins from the avocados, cut the ends off the tomatoes, removed the label from the cilantro (after rinsing) and squeezed the lime into the blender. With a shake of seasoned salt and garlic powder (all of you onion and garlic people, you feel free to add it as you see fit…just throw it in there!)
Then, you just hit that little pulse button until it’s your desired texture. I like it chunky, but we make it a little smoother for the girls easy of eating and scooping. I think I pulsed this 10 times.
If you prefer different textures for different ingredients, you could always add them in to the blender after various pulses. Our guacamole was perfect, with one child exclaiming “this is the best guacamole, ever!” So, I guess that means all of the other times I’ve made it were substandard? But, this one was delicious!
Of course, we also have fun making smoothies with the Kitchen Ninja!
Guacamole in 30 Seconds
- lime juice
- garlic powder
- Rinse and remove labels from tomatoes and cilantro.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the seed and scoop out the insides.
- Cut the stem end off of the tomatoes and discard.
- Add avocado, tomato, cilantro (including stems), lime juice, seasoned salt and garlic powder (to taste) to Kitchen Ninja.
- Pulse to desired texture.
- Enjoy with chips, quesadillas, nachos and more.
What is your favorite way to make guacamole?