When friends come over, holidays otherwise, we usually end up having coffee. When I have a hot beverage, I prefer it to be on the fur-fru side with more-than-necessary foam and some sort of syrup/ flavor. While it’s nice to be able to purchase those while I’m out and about, I often want them at home and I’m too comfy to leave. I can make pretty much any coffee or coffee based drink with the Ninja Coffee Bar.
Enter a homemade syrup for your coffee (I did vanilla and cinnamon vanilla) that you can make to impress your friends and serve them a delicious and easy homemade vanilla latte with the Ninja Coffee Bar. It even comes with a recipe book full of cold, hot, blended and even baked-goods recipes!
The Ninja Coffee Bar comes with the carafe, a travel mug, a measuring scoop, reusable filter, milk frother and recipe book. It has almost everything you need..just add water, coffee and some type of milk (I use almond milk) and a little electricity.
- Thermal Flavor Extraction™ technology, which delivers a variety of sizes and styles while achieving the perfect brew richness level every time.
- Auto-iQ™ One Touch Intelligence Technology delivers customizable options for smooth, rich coffee in a cup, travel mug or carafe.
- Makes refreshing iced coffee by allowing users to dial up the richness of their coffee to offset the dilution caused by melting ice.
- Offers a variety of brewing options including Classic Brew, Rich Brew, Over Ice Brew and Specialty Brew.
- Available at major retailers nationwide (I saw the glass and stainless steel carafe set at my local Target store this week).
I really appreciate that I can brew a pot of coffee, a half carafe, or even a travel my or coffee cup. And, I can set how strong it is, too, from regular coffee to strong coffee for brewing over ice or a latte. I think the options are limitless.
Personally, I like mine in latte form with almond milk and syrup. When my Ninja Coffee Bar arrived, I didn’t have any syrup. But, being the resourceful person I am, I whipped some up. At first, I was going to do plain vanilla, but decided to add some more flavor and make it a cinnamon vanilla syrup. It’s pretty amazing.
I mixed 1 3/4 c water and 2 c sugar in a saucepan and heated to a boil. Then I reduced the heat and simmered for 5 minutes. Once removed from the heat and significantly cooler, I added 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and (optional) 2 drops of cinnamon essential oil. I used Young Living Essential Oil because I know that it is labeled safe for internal ingestion. You could also use cinnamon powder/spices, but you will likely want filter it to remove the grit.
Once it was cooled, I poured the syrup into a mason jar with a pump lid. It makes it very easy to put in a drink.
I wanted to make a cinnamon vanilla latte, so I placed approximately 2T of my cinnamon vanilla syrup in my mug, set it to travel mug size, put in my coffee into the reusable filter and hit the “specialty brew” button. It’s a good thing I read the manual because it starts and does a little brewing, then it says it will start again and do a second round. So, don’t remove the cup right away.
While the coffee was brewing, I poured 6 oz of almond milk into the included milk frother and heated it in the microwave for 60 seconds.
Then my trusty assistant gave the heated milk 20 pumps and I had a delicious and warm foam to pour into my latte.
Could it be any prettier? And yummier? I think not. Honestly, the first sip, I smiled and thought to myself “wow, this is really good” because I doubt myself a lot.
What is your favorite coffee beverage?
- 1¾ c water
- 2 c sugar
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 2 drops Young Living cinnamon essential oil
- I mixed 1¾ c water and 2 c sugar in a saucepan and heated to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once removed from the heat and significantly cooler, add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and (optional) 2 drops of cinnamon essential oil.
- I used Young Living Essential Oil because I know that it is labeled safe for internal ingestion. You could also use cinnamon powder/spices, but you will likely want filter it to remove the grit.
- *store in the fridge for a week or so