When Trolls World Tour arrived on our porch, we immediately deemed it a family movie night. We had never rented it, so it was a first time viewing for all of us. Naturally, the next thought was what movie snacks were we going to have? We decided on popcorn and to figure out how to make edible sugar cookie dough for Trolls Poppy and Branch in honor of the home release of Trolls World Tour.
Thank you to Universal for sending us a Blu-ray copy.
About Trolls World Tour
TROLLS WORLD TOUR, a music- filled, exciting adventure that’s sure to make the whole family sing, dance, and have fun again and again. Join Poppy, Branch, and the rest of the Trolls in the all-new Dance Party Edition exclusively on Digital June 23, 2020 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-Ray™, and DVD July 7, 2020 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. The Dance Party Edition includes an interactive dance party mode where viewers are introduced to dance moves to learn while they watch the film, lyrics to sing along, and surprises featuring their favorite characters! This special Dance Party Edition includes bonus content, such as an exclusive original short film starring the unforgettable Tiny Diamond, deleted scenes and behind-the-scenes exclusives with the power-house musical cast of Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, Kelly Clarkson, Mary J. Blige, George Clinton and many more. This fun and entertaining family film is the must-own movie of the summer.
This upbeat journey that’s sure to get your feet tapping is brought to life through a star-studded cast including Anna Kendrick (Trolls, Pitch Perfect), Justin Timberlake (Trolls, Friends With Benefits), Kelly Clarkson (Ugly Dolls), Rachel Bloom (“Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,” The Angry Birds Movie 2) and Jamie Dornan (Fifty Shades Franchise) as well as Kenan Thompson (“Saturday Night Live,” Playmobil: The Movie), James Corden (Into The Woods, Peter Rabbit), Ozzy Osbourne, Anderson. Paak, Sam Rockwell (G-Force, Jojo Rabit), J Balvin and Anthony Ramos (Original Hamilton Cast, A Star is Born). The film is currently available for early viewing on a wide variety of popular on-demand services as a premium rental offering.
Queen Poppy (Anna Kendrick), Branch (Justin Timberlake), and the rest of your favorite Trolls are back for another musical adventure that’s bigger—and louder—than ever before! In TROLLS WORLD TOUR, Poppy and Branch discover that their kingdom is only one of six musical realms—Funk, Country, Techno, Classical, Pop, and Rock—that were once united in perfect harmony. When the power-hungry ruler of the Rocker Trolls threatens to silence all other music so her tribe can reign supreme, Poppy and Branch must embark on an epic quest to unite the realms of Trollskind, before the songs in their hearts are lost forever! The film is currently available for early viewing on a wide variety of popular on-demand services as a premium rental offering.
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K Ultra Hd, BLU-RAYTM, DVD and digital:
- DANCE PARTY MODE – As Queen Poppy makes her way across the lands, this on-screen experience encourages the viewer to sing and dance along as they customize their own musical journey. With sing-along and dance elements, interactive pop ups and more, it’s sure to be a world of fun!
- TINY DIAMOND GOES BACK TO SCHOOL – In this exclusive original short film, journey back to school with Tiny Diamond as he tries to figure out how to be the cool kid and ‘fit in’.
- TROLLS DANCE ACADEMY – Compilation of How-To-Dance pieces from Dance Party Mode
- TROLLS WORLD TOURIST MAP – Cloud Guy provides a quick “tourist guide’s” view of the six realms that make up Trolls Kingdom.
- Trolls Village
- Lonesome Flats
- Vibe City
- Volcano Rock City
- Techno Reef
- DELETED SCENES WITH INTROS BY DIRECTOR WALT DOHRN, PRODUCER GINA SHAY AND CO-DIRECTOR DAVID P. SMITH*
- Cooper’s Destiny
- Let’s Go Save the World
- Bicycle Built for Two
- Meet the Bounty Hunters
- Making New Friends
- Cloud 9
- TROLLS PERFECT HARMONY – Hear from the star-studded cast of Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, Anderson .Paak, George Clinton, Kunal Nayyar, James Corden and the filmmakers about the history of music featured in the film. From classical to country to rock, pop and techno, the cast and filmmakers reveal their favorite types of music.
- TROLLS WORLD TOUR BACKSTAGE* – A behind-the-scenes making of featurette showcases Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, Rachel Bloom, Ron Funches, George Clinton, Mary J. Blige, Sam Rockwell and Kenan Thompson as some of the talent behind the Trolls and the process of bringing the them to life.Opening Act
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR WALT DOHRN, PRODUCER GINA SHAY AND CO-DIRECTOR DAVID P. SMITH
* Exclusive to 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™ & Digital
Buy Trolls World Tour
Buy Trolls World Tour on digital on June 23, 2020 and 4K Ultra HD, Blu-Ray and DVD on July 7, 2020 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
Now, about those Poppy and Branch Edible Sugar Cookie Dough Bites…
How to Make Edible Sugar Cookie Dough
Gather your ingredients and get ready to prepare everything. This dough doesn’t have eggs, but that’s not enough to make it edible. The most problematic part is actually the flour. So make sure your flour is heated so that it can’t make you sick.
How to prepare your flour for edible sugar cookie dough
Add the flour to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for 1 additional minute. Make sure this step is completed and the internal temperature of the flour reaches 160 degrees F (per the FDA). Once reaching this temperature (2 minutes in the microwave) it is safe to eat. Conversely, place flour on parchment paper and bake at 350F degrees for 5 minutes. Set aside to allow the flour to cool.
From there, it’s a matter of mixing.
You’ll want to color your sugar cookie dough to match Poppy and Branch (or you can totally eat it plain!). We used Good Gourmet Liquid Gel Food Coloring to achieve the colors.
We don’t use food coloring often in day to day, so adding some fun color for us every now and then isn’t troubling. If it’s not something you do, definitely leave it out…it doesn’t change the taste of the dough.
And for the last mixing, you’ll add sprinkles. For Poppy we added blue sprinkles to match her dress and headband. For Branch, we did blue edible sugar cookie dough with purple sprinkles to match his hair.
Once they are all mixed up, we used a 1 1/2 Tablespoon measuring scoop so that each ball was evenly distributed. Then, it was time to add some more fun sprinkles to the top!
Once they were done, we put them in the fridge to get cold and firm while we ate dinner. Then it was time to watch Trolls World Tour and enjoy our edible sugar cookie dough while watching the movie.
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter*
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup sprinkles of choice + extras
- Food coloring of choice
- Add the flour to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for 1 additional minute. Make sure this step is completed and the internal temperature of the flour reaches 160 degrees F (per the FDA). Once reaching this temperature (2 minutes in the microwave) it is safe to eat. Conversely, place flour on parchment paper and bake at 350F degrees for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Using a mixer, cream the sugar and butter together until fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla and salt.
- Mix in the flour 1/4 cup at a time until combined.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions (or more if you'd like more colors) and add desired color to each bowl (we used neon pink and dark blue).
- Mix each dough until the food coloring is thoroughly combined.
- Add 1/2 cup sprinkles to each dough with choice of color.
- Use a 1 1/2 Tablespoon cookie scoop to portion out each serving and sprinkle with additional sprinkles.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate so the dough is cold.
*To make the recipe gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan, you just need a few swaps.
In place of the butter, use a butter substitute like dairy-free butter, or my preference coconut oil. This will change the flavor, but it's delicious. Use 1t scant the 1/2 cup of butter and top it off with 1t of water.
In place of the all-purpose flour, use cup-for-cup gluten free flour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g