Since starting my baby wearing journey 6 years ago, I’ve tried out a lot of soft structure carriers. I feel confident that I know what I like and what I don’t like.
My sister recently emailed me and asked me about the ergo baby 360, specifically in comparison to the LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE. Being the good sister I am (and figuring that if she has the question, others do, I put this comparison between the LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE and the ergobaby 360 together. In addition to this text, there is a video review for the LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE vs ergobaby 360 below!
I hands down prefer the LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE but try to give a fair comparison of the most notable features and what I thought of them. When taking pictures of the carriers with my 2 year old. She didn’t want to go in the ergobaby360 (she’s small enough). She picked up the LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE and said “I like this one better. It’s comfy-er and not so small!” Any time she sees the carrier, she asks to go for a ride!
- ergobaby360: Requires you to wrap velcro around your waist and then secure with a buckle (watch the video below and listen to the velcro). It is NOT padded and tends to fold on itself.
- LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE: Has a buckle with an elastic security loop to keep it buckled. Very padded and won’t fold on itself. Comes with a lumbar support piece for extra comfort for the wearer.
The Weight Limit
- ergobaby360: 7-33 pounds
- LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE: 7-45 pounds
The Positions (see pictures of most notable ones below)
- ergobaby360: 4 positions (front facing in, front facing out, hip, back)
- LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE: 6 positions (front facing in fetal hold, front facing in narrow seat, front facing in wide seat, front facing out, hip, back)
The Infant/Newborn Carry
- ergobaby360: Requires an infant insert
- LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE: Use the narrow seat and have the legs out, use the wide seat and a blanket for a front facing in fetal hold)
The Seat Positions
- ergobaby360: It has a narrow and wide seat position. They are both narrower than the LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE:
- LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE: It has a narrow and wide seat position. They are both wider and allow for a better M position.
The Neck/Back Support
- ergobaby360: Fairly short even when up. I felt like it needed to be up on a front facing in carry with my 11 month old. And, definitely had to be up on the back. Requires buttons to secure.
- LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE: Tall and comes up fairly high. Snaps in the down position. Has hidden buckles in the straps for the up position.
- ergobaby360: One-way adjustable straps. It’s easy to adjust when wearing facing one way, but on the other side, it’s much harder.
- LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE: Two-way adjustable straps. Makes it easy to adjust both in a front and back carry.
The Price Point
- ergobaby360: $160 (+infant insert if desired/needed)
- LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE: $115-$150 depending on fabric
The saying is a picture is worth a thousand words, so have a look at these comparisons. I realize they all aren’t at the exact same angle. There is no reason and I’m not trying to hide or cover any features. Pay special attention to where the neck support is. For the ergo baby 360 it is up in all carries except forward facing-out, while it is only up for the toddler in the back carry for the LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE, but I do sometimes put it up for the baby on my back, too). Also note the seat width between the two and the position of the knees and hips.
Front Facing In
Front Facing Out
A summary of the key features between the two.
And, if you are a video person, check out this video comparison (and listen to that velcro!)
Buy your LILLEbaby carrier at lillebaby.com or on Amazon.com.
(This post contains affiliate links. I make a couple pennies if you make a purchase!)