With Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party in full effect at Walt Disney World and seeing so many pictures, I’m in full-blown fall mode. I’m ready for cooler temperatures, fall treats and and of course, all things Mickey just like some of the treats in the parks. So naturally, these Mickey Mummy Sugar Cookies fit the bill.
I think the hardest part is the mixing the dough, baking the cookies and mixing the icing. Once you have them all done, it’s really just putting it all together with the different icings and tips. Okay, maybe I’ve overstated it just a bit.
The Mickey Cookies
You’ll need to start with Mickey shaped sugar cookies and allow them to cool. I’ve got a yummy recipe below or you can use your favorite.
Option: You can start with black cookies. Just use the black gel coloring in your dough (sort of like our Infinity Stone cookies) and save a step.
If you go the icing route, you’ll pipe the black icing around the edge of Mickey’s head.
Then you’ll fill in the head to make it solid black. This icing will need to dry before making Mickey a mummy.
Once the black is dry, you will use the remaining white icing to randomly put mummy lines all over Mickey’s face.
If you can stand it, let that dry and then enjoy your cookies!
Mickey Mummy Sugar Cookie
- 1 C of butter
- 1 1/2 C Powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 C of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- Cookie Cutter: mickey mouse head
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 C cream of tartar
- 1/2 C vanilla
- 4 1/2 C powdered sugar
- Black gel coloring
- 1 disposable piping bags fitted with number 2 tip
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with number 104 tip
- 1 squeeze bottles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Using a stand mixer, cream together the butter, powder sugar, vanilla and egg and mix until combined and creamy
- Using a large bowl, combined the flour, baking soda and cream of tarter
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed
- Using your hands continue to mix until fully combined
- Lightly flour a cutting board and knead the cookie dough a couple of times
- Roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thick
- Cut out a few mickey heads and place onto the cookie sheet
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly golden brown
- Repeat steps until completely out of dough
- Let cookies cool completely
Icing Directions :
- Using the stand mixer, combine the egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until combined and stiff peaks form
- Scoop some white icing into the piping bag fitted with the 104 tip and set aside
- Add in a few drops of the black coloring and mix until combined
- Scoop some icing into a number 2 bag and set aside
- Mix in 3 tbsp of water into the remaining black icing and mix until combined
- Pour icing into the squeeze bottle
- Using the black piping bag, pipe a outline around the cookies
- Fill in with the thinner black icing
- Allow cookies to dry overnight
- Using the white icing, pipe random white lines around the mickey head to make look it look like a mummy wrap
- Allow icing to dry for an hour before enjoying!