Wow-zers. How did we get here? 500 Mommy and Me Mondays! And I didn’t even plan anything “special” for it!
But honestly, I think that’s the whole idea. It doesn’t have to be anything special. It can just be a moment captured. A little blip of life in your world with your kids.
When I dreamed this up and started doing it, B wasn’t even a thought. Nor was E. In fact, the oldest two were still little and one was still in diapers! But here we are 500 editions of Mommy and Me Monday later.
B had been asking me to help her with a dinosaur tattoo she found. I was trying to get dinner ready and do some dishes, but she was asking nicely so I stopped to do it. I thought, let’s just capture this. A reminder that I can and do stop to do things for and with them. Because sometimes I (yes, me) need the reminder that I do things for them and help them…even when they say that I don’t.
So, after 500 weeks of doing this, maybe I’ll share some tips for getting mom in the picture…with help or on your own.
Tips for getting mom in the picture
1. Take a selfie
2. Hand the camera over to dad when you are taking pictures of the kids and hop in
3. Have your kid take a selfie with you
4. Grab a shadow picture
5. Take a reflection picture in a glass (like a building, aquarium, or sunglasses)
6. Take a mirror selfie (see below)
8. Get in the details
9. Take a picture of you holding hands on a walk (I do this often in my instagram stories)
10. Take a picture of your feet while you paint them
11. Take a picture of you getting messy
The opportunities are endless, just make sure you are taking the picture.
To step it up a notch, get video, too! Listening to how your kids sound over the years and how you talk to them is so darn sweet (okay, most of the time), and I imagine you and your child will cherish the recordings of those memories.
Things to ignore.
1. The messes
2. Anything that shows real life
3. Your hair
4. Your wrinkles
5. Your tired face
6. The way your belly looks
7. Basically all of it. Ignore it all and capture the darn picture!
What did you do this week?
GET IN THE PICTURE WITH YOUR KIDS! Who cares what you look like? Cares how you appear? Who cares what you are wearing? JUST DO IT! Come share your picture on the Facebook thread or use #MommyAndMeMonday!
It’s time again for Mommy and Me Monday. Pop out from behind that camera and capture yourself in action with your kids. Check out the inaugural Mommy and Me Monday for more information. Need another reason to participate in Mommy and Me Monday? Read my post about why I blog with words from a friend’s husband.