Within the last two months, Netflix has announced they now allow downloads of certain shows and movies. There might have been some rejoicing!
B goes with us most of the time to karate with her big sisters. But, she’s not old enough to participate. So, she gets to watch her own special shows while her sisters run and jump and kick.
The ability to download is huge for karate because there isn’t any free wifi available. So, we are able to download a couple episodes of her favorite show (currently Dinotrux) and she can watch while sitting in the open waiting area (hence the need for quiet activities).
With all of the travel we have been doing and will continue to do, this is a huge help for us! It allows the girls to watch different shows or movies in the car, when we’re away from wifi, and without using any data.
This is also great for places like the gym and hotels that don’t have reliable or the best (or even free) wifi connections.
How to download movies and shows on Netflix:
1. In your Netflix app, click on the little hamburger menu.
2. Click on either “My Downloads” (even if you haven’t downloaded anything) or “Available for Download.”
3. If you select “My Downloads” and don’t yet have any, you will be taken to the “Find Something to Download” (click that) which will display all of the titles…wait for it….that are available for download.
4. Click on the little arrow with a line that represents download and if you have an internet connection, the download process immediately begins.
5. The download status will be displayed.
6. Once you have started the download process, head back to your main hamburger menu (see step 1) and you can start playing your downloads.
7. And everybody will cheer!
According to Netflix, many of your favorite streaming series and movies are already available for download, with more on the way, so there is plenty of content available for those times when you are offline. The new feature is included in all plans and available for phones and tablets on Android and iOS.