I was given a Memorial Day challenge: to share my favorite recipe, or create a new one by Chef Kim using old store brand products.
I figured, I could definitely check that off on my list. We are already big time store brand shoppers. Often, we find better deals on store brands then using coupons on name brands.
So, I accepted the challenge and made Mini Spinach & Feta Quiche Soufflé (Chef Kim’s recipe) using this cast of characters. As you can see, they represent several different store brands!
My variations and recommendations:
I don’t cook or eat onions. So, we left those out and I used a little onion powder in their place. Also, after sautéing the spinach, I recommend adding it directly to the pan. It is too hard to pour it with the filling and ends up making a huge mess.
They were pretty easy to make once I figured out what to do with the spinach. We thought they were very tasty. The feta cheese added a nice kick on top. When I was sent a picture, they looked like they had a crust; ours however, did not.
Daymon Worldwide is providing me a Kroger giftcard for the purchase of these groceries. The thoughts and opinions are totally mine.
Easy Quiche Soufflé Muffins
- The ingredients:
- Oil Spray
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 6- oz fresh baby spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt & pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper; pinch of tarragon
- 1-1/3 cups half & half
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Generously grease a mini cupcake pan.
- In a medium frying pan, sauté diced onion with a bit of vegetable oil (or cooking spray) over medium-high heat until translucent and tender.
- Add in fresh spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper, tarragon and salt.
- Whisk in half & half, then stir in spinach-onion mixture.
- Pour quiche base into prepared pan.
- Top with feta cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until center is set and the outside edge is golden brown.
- Let set for 5 minutes, then pop soufflés out and serve.