* Is it just me, or is it super annoying when you have to call a person or business 2-3 times before they finally call you back? And, it’s not like I’m not giving them a chance. Over a week is just a little too long. How do businesses stay in business when they do this?
* I’m trying to only put one space after a period. I end up deleting a lot of extra spaces because I forget. Old dog. New trick.
* Right before Christmas, our car needed a new muffler. Actually, it almost fell completely off on the way to the repair shop. It happened quickly, so we didn’t have a chance to ask for referrals from friends. Big mistake. I found a coupon online and went for it. They repaired it. I went to pay and presented the coupon. They said “you need to present the coupon at the time of the estimate.” Um, why? So you can add on the price of the coupon to my estimate and then it defeats the purpose of using the coupon. Sorry, doesn’t make sense to me. Pretty much a scam, I’d say.
* The past couple days I’ve been back on the Greek Yogurt. Which is really good for you. Mr. Serious bought a big container of plain. What’s not so good? In addition to adding some yummy frozen fruit (like blueberries and strawberries), I added sugar, vanilla and get this, chocolate chips. However? Totally delicious. A little chocolate never hurts, right?
* With about 4 weeks to go until our sweet baby girls’ arrival, I’m getting to the point where I’m ready. Not really ready. Just that I’m getting uncomfortable. And, it’s hard to sit on the floor with the girls and play. And get in and out of the car. But, I know I have to be patient. Just a little more waiting to go. Yeah, less than a month.
* My shirts are at that point where they don’t really fit. Yes, even the maternity ones. They just don’t cover the belly. It’s the same size as it was with the girls, and I remember having the same problem, but it wasn’t 25 degrees outside. Oh, and maternity jacket? Not so much. Not a big thick one anyways. Poor belly isn’t feeling the warmth.
* This was with #2 at 35 weeks. Platelets were high enough. This time? They still aren’t high enough. I’m tired of this drama. I wish my body would cooperate and I wouldn’t have to deal with it. It’s frustrating, involved a lot of extra blood draws and requires conversations with the doctor about steroids and inductions (both of which I’ve previously avoided).
* This is the first time we’ve found out the gender of our little babe, and the first time I’ve really planned out a nursery. Crazy, right? And, we went all out. Painting, and everything. Pictures aren’t on the wall yet, but we’ve got the crib and dresser/changing table set up. And, the bedding. I love it. Girly, but not overly girly. I knew I wanted grey and that was it. And, with the lavender and orange? So pretty I think. I’m sure she’ll love it, too. So, here’s the hint…sneak peek, whatever you want to call it.
* Baby girl is getting a lot of love this weekend. We have very generous and wonderful friends. It will be tons of fun.