When I’m doing diaper changes in the wee hours of the night, I like for my little cutie head to be wearing a gown. It’s so much easier to change a diaper, if I don’t have to mess with zippers or snaps.
We recently tried out the Poppet Handmade #2ural Merino Baby Sleep Gown. I’ve tried out wool for our cloth diapers, but never thought of wool clothing for our little girl.
- The perfect sleepwear garment for young babies up to one year of age.
- Use all-year-round for rooms 64°F to 75°F. Remarkable ability to regulate body temperature so baby won’t overheat
- Remarkably Merino is naturally anti-microbial, stain and odor resistant and can be machine washed and tumble dried.
- Hand printed sheep and lamb design on front chest.
- Draw string tie at bottom of gown allows for easy diaper changes while keeping feet covered and warm
It is super soft and strechable. It is the easiest gown I’ve ever put on any of my kids. It almost feels like silk, but is very durable.
I like that the merino fabric captures and circulates air to insulate baby when the room temperature falls, and releases excess body heat and moisture as the room temperature rises. Baby stays warm and dry through night and day without overheating. So, if we had a diaper leak, it wouldn’t be an issue.
A 2010 AgResearch study determined that babies sleeping in merino are less likely to overheat or to become damp or chilled compared with synthetic polar fleece. #2urally fire resistant and rated low fire risk so no need for polyester-fireproofing chemicals that can irritate baby skin. Machine washable, quick-drying, can be tumble-dried. (A little confusing to me is the fact that the label said that it needed to be hand washed and dried flat, which is what I did. When it was washed, it did have an odd smell, sort of like sheep, but once it dried, it didn’t smell at all again. I’m thinking machine washing it and drying it would avoid this).
*FCC: I received the gown for the purposes of this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I was not compensated for this post.