Here’s where I might lose part of my Disney card, but it’s better to admit it up front. I’ve seen all of the Star Wars movies, but I’m pretty far from a Star Wars groupie. I feel like I watch the movie and have no idea what I just saw (especially the original movies). But here’s the thing, my confused self was throughly able to enjoy SOLO: A Star Wars Story.
I was familiar enough with Han Solo and Chewbacca, but it wasn’t necessary at all. I feel it definitely had legs as it’s own stand alone movie. Oh, and not to worry, no spoilers!
I knew enough that I was finally able to visit everybody at Hollywood Studios this time! I actually saw Chewbacca twice.
Right, back to SOLO. Of course you get back story on Han Solo, Chewbacca and Lando. But, I won’t spoil that for you. There is mention of Kessel Run, and 20 parsecs or something, but I have to be honest, I still have no idea what the heck it is. So, maybe it helps clear things up for you and maybe it doesn’t!
About SOLO: A Star Wars Story
Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo befriends his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and meets the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes. The film stars Alden Ehrenreich, Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Thandie Newton, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Paul Bettany.
What about taking the kids?
Despite a couple heavy spots, for the most part, the movie is pretty “light” compared to the darker Star Wars movies. There wasn’t really anything scary for older kids, but I could see younger kids having a hard time with a few scenes. Thankfully, being Star Wars, there really isn’t much blood! I would be fine with my girls seeing the movie, but keep in mind it has almost a 2.5 hour run time. I had to make a potty break and really needed another one.
There isn’t really any sex scenes, but there are a couple passionate kisses and some innuendo. Nothing too dramatic.
It’s so hard to not say anything else without spoiling the movie. I will say, I think they did a great job with casting as Alden Ehrenreich does a great job as the cocky and confident Han Solo and Chewbacca shows such a range of motion.
SOLO: A Star Wars Story Phone Wallpaper
There’s a party in the movie where there is discussion about family and tribe and if there is a difference. It immediately resonated with me (and my tribe who happened to be at the movie with me) and I knew it needed to be something. So, I’ve made it a phone wallpaper that you can grab and save (hopefully, it works for your phone!)
>>>>>> Click on the image to grab the full-sized version. <<<<<<<
SOLO: A Star Wars Story Printable
I also created to 10 x 8 printables that you can put in a frame and hang in your house. I recommend printing on card stock, or photo paper. Click on the image to download the PDF version of each one.
Grab the printables, decorate your phone screen and then get ready to see the movie SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY is out is now available on Digital HD and arrives on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand on September 25th.
DIGITAL AND BLU-RAY BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable
- Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
Kasdan on Kasdan
- Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
Remaking the Millennium Falcon
- Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
Escape from Corellia
- Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
The Train Heist
- Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
Becoming a Droid: L3-37
- Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso
- Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run
- Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
The Millennium Falcon: From Page to Park – An exclusive look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.