We are big fans of chili in our house. It’s an easy meal and everybody loves it. It’s nice because it basically cooks itself and the longer it simmers, the better it tastes. Our kids can prepare our easy chili recipe. Sometimes you want to simultaneously kick your chili up a notch and also make it as hands-off as possible which is where this Spicy Instant Pot Chili comes in.
This spicy instant pot has just the right amount of heat (but you can easily adjust it for none, less or more depending on your jalapeno peppers. Because it has broth in it, it’s a little soupier than the other chili recipe I’ve shared. That’s the great thing about chili…there are so many options and it’s so versatile.
Cooking this chili in the Instant Pot allows the flavors to meld together at a much higher rate than just cooking on the stove.
Spicy Instant Pot Chili
This recipe calls for ground beef (but you could always use ground turkey), onions, bell pepper, jalapeno, an assortment of beans, fire roasted tomatoes, tomato paste, beef broth and seasoning.
You’ll start by sautéing the onions, peppers and jalapeno using the sauté setting and then adding the beef to brown it.
You’ll need to open the beans and rinse them before their trip into the Instant Pot.
Finally, you’ll add in everything else (see full recipe below).
After setting the manual setting to 18 minutes and allowing it to cool, followed by a 10-15 natural release, your chili is ready to enjoy.
Since we don’t do gluten or dairy, we don’t serve our chili with cheese, but that’s always an option. We like to enjoy it with tortilla chips or other corn chips.
Instant Pot Spicy Chili
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef 80/20
- 2 Cans 15 oz Kidney Beans, drained
- 2 Cans 15 oz Pinto beans, drained
- 2 Cans 15 oz Black beans, drained
- 2 Cans 15 oz Fire Roasted tomatoes
- 1 Can 6 oz Tomato paste
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 Red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 Jalapeños seeded and diced small
- 3 Cups Organic Beef stock
- 1 package of chili seasoning or 3 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- Sour Cream
- Cheese shredded
- Green onion
- Diced jalapeños
- Turn your instant pot to sauté.
- Add the olive oil, onions and peppers and cook until tender.
- Stirring often.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Stirring often.
- To drain off the excess grease, remove the pot using hot pads, pour the excess into a heatproof bowl.
- Discard the excess grease once cooled. (This might not be necessary, depending on the beef used)
- Place the pot back into the Instant pot.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients.
- Seal the vent on the Instant Pot.
- Turn the instant pot to manual and cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, cheese, or green onions.