Saturday, I got the spring cleaning bug. I wanted to organize and clean and get things in order. Like yesterday. First on the list was my girls’ shared closet. We had talked about putting shelves in so they could each have a side and reach their hanging clothes. And then we never did it.
Off to the store we went. We only asked like 3 people for help and the girls got impatient. After two sales associates told us about the kid workshop, we finally decided to check it out. (I think they could tell the little people were restless).
That Mr. Serious. He’s a good daddy. Not only is he holding something one daughter is hammering…he’s actually holding two. And, one of those daughters isn’t even paying attention to what she’s hammering at this moment. Thankfully, nobody got hurt.
Glueing only needs some supervision thankfully.
Which leaves both hands for the less-attentive hammerer.
While they were wrapping up their projects, I went and found the last of the screws and washers we needed to get our closet project off the ground. We got home, got E down for a nap and got to work. Even with our helpers, it was only like an hour project, which is great for us (it has taken us like 3 hours to hand a ceiling fan/light fixture).
And now, they have places for their clothes that is each their own. And not with those silly separators every three hangers so you can’t move them. For now, we are leaving up the back shelf so we can still put “stuff” up there (like that dangling puzzle and game boxes), but eventually, we will probably put another row of shelves and rods above the new ones to accommodate their growing clothes.
It only cost us $75, too. It’s still we waited so long to do this because we didn’t know how much it would cost or how hard it would be. It’s not perfect (there weren’t any shelves that were the right length, so there’s a little space on the ends), but it works, and gets the job done. And, more importantly, we did it ourselves!