When I was little, it was ingrained in my being that water is super important. Most of the time, that was what we had to drink, even if we went to a restaurant. Surprisingly, it didn’t backfire. Even now, I will pick water approximately 99% of the time. I almost never will pick a soda, and if I do pick juice, it is 100% and I add a ton of water to it.
When I leave the house, I bring water with me in the car. Even if we are going to a restaurant. And once I get there, I will order another water. With a lime, please. When I’m not pregnant, I dehydrate very easily so I always need to stay on top of it. I bring it with me when I go on a neighborhood walk. I bring my own water to events. It pretty much never leaves my side.
Pregnant? I need even more water, just like all other pregnant women. It’s so important to stay hydrated when you are pregnant. Your fluid levels increase and you are carrying more weight, so likely sweating more, too. Towards the later parts of pregnancy, I can tell I’m dehydrated because I will have more Braxton-Hicks contractions.
Tips for Staying Hydrated During Pregnancy
- bring a water bottle with you always. work, errands, etc. I use a refillable water with a large mouth so I can add water and ice to it throughout the day.
- avoid sugary (real and artificial) drinks. Yes, there is water in them, but it’s not the same as water. Plus, you aren’t getting empty calories.
- get water at restaurants. It saves you calories and also money as well.
- add a little lemon, lime, cucumber or herbs to your water and make it “spa water.” It’s more refreshing and tastes great.
- try to drink more throughout the day so don’t get to thirsty at night (hello up and peeing all night).
This year, Nestlé® Pure Life® Purified Water wants you to hydrate healthfully by Pledging to drink more water. You can join thousands who’ve already Pledged and inspire others to do the same by sharing your Mom’s Wisdoms – any tips you use as a mom to encourage healthy habits in your family.
During registration, you have the option to enter the Sweepstakes for a chance to win the grand prize trip for four (4) to Universal Studios Hollywood or the Universal Orlando Resort, or one of the 100 first prizes of a one year’s supply of Nestlé® Pure Life® Purified Water.*
*One year’s supply of Nestlé® Pure Life® Purified Water to be awarded in the form of twenty-four (24) coupons, each coupon good for one (1) free Multi-Pack of Nestlé® Pure Life® Purified Water.”
Thanks to Nestlé® Pure Life® Purified Water for sponsoring today’s discussion.