Quick and Easy Taco Soup
A super quick and easy dinner that even your kids can cook for you. Plus, it tastes amazing and is a hit with the family. It's also a great recipe to bring to a friend or family member.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 lb ground beef turkey or chicken
- 3 T Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 can green beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 can hominy
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes + chiles
- avocado cheese, plain yogurt, tortilla chips cilantro as garnish
Brown the meat until cooked.
Add 3T homemade taco seasoning and all cans with liquids (except kidney bean liquid)
Mix, and heat to boil.
Allow to simmer for at least 30 minutes, but preferably longer for seasoning to settle.
If adding quinoa, add 1/3-1/2 cup and double the amount of water (and allow to simmer closer to an hour)
Serve with avocado, cheese, plain yogurt, tortilla chips cilantro as garnish.