A crunchy, sweet or savory coleslaw is the perfect side item for your next meal or gathering. Not being one for plain and simple, kicking it up a notch with some extra flavor and add-ins takes it to the next level. This WW inspired apple coleslaw is the perfect addition to your next BBQ or family gathering.
The addition of dried cranberries, apples, and almonds really make this coleslaw amazing. Of course, you could add other things your family might enjoy, too.
You’ll only need a little prep work to get this together, especially if you purchase the pre-cut coleslaw cabbage mix.
You’ll first want to mix all of the coleslaw “dry” ingredients and toss them in the bowl (except the almonds and green onions).
Then you will mix up the dressing and pour it into the dry cabbage mixture.
Toss everything all together and make sure to put it in a pretty bowl. Top with slivered almonds and chopped green onions to make it super pretty. Part of eating is about how it looks, after all!
This is certain to be a big hit when you bring your big bowl out for everybody to enjoy. It’s the perfect side dish for barbecue, pot luck dinner, or just serving your family with a tasty dinner!
WW Apple coleslaw
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp. lite mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Truvia baking sugar
- 1 tbsp. Trop 50 orange juice
- 5 cups bagged coleslaw mix (2 bags)
- 2 cup chopped Gala apples
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup green onions
- In a small bowl, add the yogurt, mayo, vinegar, OJ, and sweetener. Stir until combined.
- In a large bowl add the cabbage mix, cranberries and apples. Stir to combine.
- Add your dressing to the cabbage mix and toss to coat.
- Garnish with almonds and green onions
10- 1/2 cup servings would be 2 pts each
Looking for a different kind of coleslaw, check out this asian style coleslaw.