As an emeals blogger, I received my subscription free of charge. If you are a blogger, you can apply, too and make sure you put my name as who referred you.
On a shelf in my kitchen sits several different recipe books, including one with hand-written ones from my wedding shower. And while I have all of those different books, the handwritten one is my second most used one. My first? The favorite recipes I’ve cut out from my emeals subscription. As we come across one we really enjoy as a family, I cut it out and save it.
The absolute most popular one that our family enjoys? It’s called Shredded Beef Burritos. We don’t do burritos, though, we make tacos. It cooks in the slow cooker all day long and smells AMAZING. I’ve shared this recipe with my family and they’ve told me when they walked in the door after it was cooking they couldn’t believe how good it smells. Seriously. Drool-worthy…and EASY!
I’ve made some revisions to the recipe provided and put how I cook it below.
Trim the fat from the beef and discard.
Take all of the ingredients (except those in the last listed) and combine them in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours until the meat falls apart.
In the crockpot, use two forks, or tongs, or whatever you’d like and shred the meat.
Serve the meat in tacos, burritos, over nachos or however you see fit. And enjoy!
Love your slow cooker? Check out this super easy and delicious pear applesauce!
Need a salad to add to the meal? Check out very unique and easy 7 Layer Salad.
- 2 lbs beef chuck roast (ours was a little over 1 lb)
- 1 jalapeño, minced (they recommend removing the seeds…I leave them in and everybody loves it, even E, but it does have a little kick)
- ½ t garlic powder
- 1 beef bouillon cure
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t cumin
- ½ t salt
- a sprinkling of chopped onions
- ½ c water
- Other accessories for tacos (for example, beans, tortillas, cheese, cilantro, lettuce, sour cream, tomato).
- Trim the fat from the beef and discard.
- Take all of the ingredients (except those in the last listed) and combine them in the slow cooker.
- In the crockpot, use two forks, or tongs, or whatever you’d like and shred the meat.
- Serve the meat in tacos, burritos, over nachos or however you see fit. And enjoy!