Popcorn is the perfect snack to enjoy while watching a movie. We like to up the game though and enjoy our popcorn to go along with our movie, so we created some Aladdin Popcorn that is both gluten-free and dairy-free. You can think of it like a jazzed up kettle corn.
You’ll need to gather your ingredients and your Whirly Popcorn Popper for the stovetop. You can also use a dutch oven or a large pot with a stove. You’ll need popcorn, cooking oil (like vegetable, canola or coconut oil), sugar, gel food coloring and some sprinkles and various non-pareils.
You can check out the Aladdin Popcorn video below to see how quick and easy it is to make as well as find the recipe below.
Of course, this recipe also works for any other popcorn theme you’d like to come up with; just change out the colors and you are ready to watch your movie with a tasty snack.
Consider making two batches of this Aladdin Popcorn if you have a large family. It will likely get devoured pretty quickly!
Coming to Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital: EXPERIENCE MAGIC IN A WHOLE NEW WAY WITH THE THRILLING AND VIBRANT LIVE-ACTION ADAPTATION OF ALADDIN AND THE ANIMATED CLASSIC ALADDIN JOINS THE HIGHLY CELEBRATED WALT DISNEY SIGNATURE COLLECTION
Live-Action adaptation of Aladdin
Fans of all ages will enjoy the exciting, humorous tale of the lovable “street rat,” Aladdin (Mena Massoud), courageous and self-determined Princess Jasmine (Naomi Scott) and the larger-than-life Genie (Will Smith) with all-new bonus features. The release of the live-action adventure coincides with the addition of the original animated classic to the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection — granting “Aladdin” fans everywhere the opportunity to own both magical movies.
The live-action adaptation of the animated classic, Aladdin, lands in homes on Digital and Movies Anywhere August 27 and 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD September 10. Starring Will Smith, Naomi Scott& and Mena Massoud, the release includes all new bonus features, such as deleted scenes, a blooper reel and more!
The release of the live-action adventure coincides with the addition of the original animated classic to the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection, granting Aladdin fans everywhere the opportunity to own both magical movies. In 4K for the first time, the new release features all new bonus content, including alternate endings!
Bonus features include*:
DIGITAL PRESELL BONUS:
MAKE WAY FOR PRINCE ALI – Take a look at the gigantic design extravaganza that came together for this scene of Genie-sized proportions.
DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE BONUS:
“SPEECHLESS”: CREATING A NEW SONG FOR JASMINE – Follow the story of Jasmine’s inspirational song “Speechless,” written by Alan Menken, Benj Pasek and Justin Paul especially for this version of “Aladdin.”
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL BONUS:
- ALADDIN’S VIDEO JOURNAL: A NEW FANTASTIC POINT OF VIEW – Watch behind-the-scenes moments captured by Mena Massoud (Aladdin) in this fun, fast-paced look at his personal journey.
- DELETED SONG: “DESERT MOON” – Experience a moving duet performed by Jasmine and Aladdin, fully shot and edited, with an introduction by Alan Menken.
- GUY RITCHIE: A CINEMATIC GENIE – Discover why director Guy Ritchie was the perfect filmmaker to tackle this exhilarating reimagining of a beloved classic.
- A FRIEND LIKE GENIE – Discover how Will Smith brings talent, experience and his own personal magic to the iconic role of Genie.
- DELETED SCENES
- Falling Petals Into OJ
- Jafar’s Magic Orrery
- Anders’ Gift
- Wrong Wishes
- Silly Old Fool
- Post Yam Jam Debrief
- BLOOPERS – Laugh along with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of outtakes from the set.
- MUSIC VIDEOS
- “Speechless” – Music video performed by Naomi Scott
- “A Whole New World” – Music video performed by ZAYN and Zhavia Ward
- A Whole New World” (“Un Mundo Ideal”) – Music video performed by ZAYN and Becky G.
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
The Animated Classic “Aladdin”
In 4K for the First Time, The Animated Classic “Aladdin” Joins the Walt Disney Signature Collection on Digital, 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere Aug. 27 and on 4K Ultra HD™ and Blu-ray™ Sept. 10
Embark on a magic carpet ride with the entire family when Disney’s original animated classic “Aladdin” soars into the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection, granting nonstop laughs, action-packed adventure and Academy Award®–winning music (1992: Best Music, Original Song, “A Whole New World,” Original Score) for the first time in 4K Ultra HD™.
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY & DIGITAL: *
- Sing Along With The Movie – Sing along to your favorite tunes as you watch the film. With magical on-screen lyrics.
- Aladdin on Aladdin – Join the speaking voice of Aladdin, Scott Weinger (“Fuller House”), as he reflects on almost 30 years of being Aladdin.
- “Let’s Not Be Too Hasty”: The Voices of “Aladdin” – Take your seat in the recording booth and watch as the voice actors of “Aladdin” work their microphone magic.
- Alternate Endings – Enter the realm of “what if” and see just how differently the movie could have ended.
Drawing Genie – Join prolific animator Eric Goldberg as he draws and reminisces about the Genie.
CLASSIC BONUS – Revisit over 40 exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- The Genie Outtakes
- “Aladdin”: Creating Broadway Magic
- Unboxing “Aladdin”
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
- 3 Tablespoons oil, your choice of vegetable or coconut
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 drops gel food coloring
- sprinkles and nonpareils
- In the Whirly pop, add popcorn kernels, oil, sugar and food coloring.
- Heat over medium high heat while stirring.
- When it is hard to stir and popping slows or stops, remove from heat and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt to coat.
- Sprinkle with desired sprinkles and nonpareils to match your theme.
- Allow the popcorn to cool and enjoy!
Looking to make this without a Whirly pop?
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot with a lid over medium heat.
- Add the popcorn kernels, and food coloring. Once the oil is hot, add sugar over the popcorn kernels. Stir continuously.
- Place the lid on the pot and shake the pan until the popping slows or stops. This should only take 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour kettle corn into a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and toss to coat. Then add sprinkles and other nonpareils as desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 601mg Carbohydrates: 34g Net Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 26g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g