Ok guys. For once, I’m going to listen to what my kids want! Just kidding…. but in reality, we all know, that kids know EXACTLY what they want. That being said, let’s use it to our advantage, shall we? My kid picks gift guide will help you find that perfect gift for the kids on your list. If you find yourself struggling to find the perfect gift for the kids on your list. you can also check out our more specific STEM kids gift guide or STEM gifts for toddlers.
*Some samples provided. Affiliate links included which means I can make a commission off of your sale.
1. Loog Guitars– This is a way to teach kids how to play guitar on a mini sized guitar that is the perfect fit for smaller arms. With a Loog and its accompanying app, a child can learn to play songs -not just scales or exercises- on day one.
This gives little rockers a sense of accomplishment that stimulates them to keep going. With Loog, kids are playing, learning and having fun from the very beginning, acquiring skills that stay with them forever. It come fully assembled and ready to play. The guitar also come with flashcards with chord diagrams and full access to the Loog Guitar app (iOS and Android). (Ages 3+)
Madison Nicole Robinson, is the creator and designer of FishFlops Footwear for kids. She created the brand when she was just 8 and now she is a Sophomore at Texas A&M’s Mays School of Business. She is a great role model for other young girls who are wanting to be entrepreneurs.
FishFlops has adorable slippers for cold weather as well as FishFlops for the spring and summer (if you know Texas you know that FishFlops will almost work year-round there!)
They have full size sets, so they’ve got us covered from tiny preschooler feet all the way to my adult-sized 12 year olds (and me!) I’m sure you’ll see a Mommy and Me Monday picture coming soon with our cute FishFlops!
Not only are they adorable, but they are working in conjunction with Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (CMN) to raise money for their fine organization this Christmas. When you make a purchase, CMN gets a donation, too!
Magical beasts have broken loose at HOGWARTS! It’s up to your favorite wizards to capture them in the Harry Potter Magical Beasts Game. Play as Harry Potter™, Hermione Granger™, Ron Weasley™ or Ginny Weasley™ as you collect clues and track down creatures. The dynamic swinging game board adds excitement as you travel in and out of HOGWARTS. The first player to collect a magical beast wins. For 2 to 4 players, ages 8 and up.
Muggles and wizards alike will be enchanted by the Harry Potter Tri-Wizard Maze Tournament! It features fast-action Pop ‘n’ Race play as you race around the Tri-Wizard Maze competing to capture the Tri-Wizard Cup! Beware – there are traps along the way that may hurt or help your journey throughout the maze. For 2 to 4 players, ages 5 and up.
4. SnoBall Play, Slime Baff, Gelli Baff-SnoBall Play transforms water into 100% safe realistic snow that you can mould into snowballs! It is especially great for sensory play, as it allows children experience a unique texture!
If your kids are slime obsessed, Gelli Baff and Slime Baff transform bath water into 100% safe Goo or slime and back again! They are great for challenges, pranks, toy challenges, sensory trays and much more.
5. pediped shoes– Shoes that are fun, but also are award-winning are perfect for the next size up. What about something like these fun, sparkly pink shoes?
Exceptional quality, unsurpassed comfort, and distinctive styling have made the award-winning company the fastest growing children’s footwear brand in the United States. pediped® footwear has been awarded the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance for the promotion of healthy foot development, and preeminent orthopedic medical professionals, Dr. Mininder S. Kocher and Dr. Thomas W. Vorderer, deem pediped® shoes an excellent choice for parents/caregivers who want their children’s feet to develop naturally and healthily.
pediped® is sold in over 2,500 stores in the United States and 40 countries worldwide with an offering of more than 150 designs for boys and girls between its three lines, Originals®, Grip ‘n’ Go™ and Flex®. The award-winning footwear is available in EU sizes 17 to 38 (US newborn to 6 Youth).
6. Cubcoats– These 2-in-1 hoodies are adorable and functional. They double as a hoodie your kid can wear and also a fun stuffed animal kids can carry around. Cubcoats have their own signature stuffed animals as well as licensed characters like Black Panther, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Poppy (the troll) and many more.
See how they transform from stuffed animal to hoodie and back again here.
7. ErgoPouch Sleep Suit Bag– With an almost 5 year old that still doesn’t live covers, the ErgoPouch Sleep Suit is a great addition. It’s got a great pattern, but will also keep her nice and warm when the weather turns cold.
Melbourne, Australia-based ergoPouch was founded in 2009 by Alina Sack. As a mother, Sack drew on her own personal experiences of sleep deprivation to come up with innovative products designed to help babies and kids get a better night’s sleep. The award-winning ergoPouch collection includes premium quality baby swaddles, sleeping bags, sleep suits and layers available from birth to 6 years of age sizing along with organic bedding.
All ergoPouch products are made with natural fibers including Organic Cotton and Bamboo. ergoPouch products offer great functionality and versatility with swaddles that can easily transition to a sleeping bag and sleep suits that convert from bags to suits with legs for easy use from bassinet to stroller.
8. IO Block® Vehicles– A new extension to the award-winning building toy system with pixelated, digital world roots: IO Blocks®. Features specialized vehicle pieces to create anything! (Ages 4+)
9. DRAW LIKE THIS! : How Anyone Can See the World Like an Artist–and Capture It on Paper – This book is filled with beautiful and unique hand-drawn pages, this quirky, interactive guide to the basics of drawing will have users gaining more confidence in their face-drawing and hand-lettering abilities.
10. My Little Pony Explore Equestria Friendship Express Train – All aboard the My Little Pony Explore Equestria Friendship Express Train with Princess Twilight Sparkle as the conductor headed to the land of Equestria.
11. Alena of Avalor & Princess Isabel – Meet Disney’s next Princess, Alena of Avalor! Join Alena of Avalor and her sister, Princess Isabel on magical adventures through their kingdom.
12. Bop It! – Game Hammer it, Sing it, Selfie it and more with the Bot It game! With 10 new moves, kids need to react fast and perform the action to beat the Bop It.
13. The TreasureToons Holiday Bundle – These fully animated lyric videos are based on original songs with words directly from the Bible. Kids will be singing along while memorizing scripture in no time.
14. Get Growing! Greenhouse: Perfect way to get kids involved in gardening.
15. Backyard Safari Cargo Vest: Take on the great outdoors with this gift idea. Lovely way to go on an adventure.
16. Knot-A-Lion Craft Kit: Make a lion blanket and pillow all by tying knots in fabric. It is easier than you think… plus, it’ll keep kids busy for a bit.
17. Pictopia-Family Trivia Game: Disney Edition: Is your kiddo a Disney fanatic? Then this is a must have.
18. Ravensburger Empire State Building Night Edition 3D Puzzle: Have you seen these 3D puzzles? They are something else. Puzzles sure have come a long way since I was a kid. You can also build the Eiffel Tower.
19. Candy Construction Building Set: Building a gingerbread house is always fun…. until you have to toss it in the trash. With this kid picks gift idea, you don’t have to. The large pieces are great for little hands.
20. Neat-Oh! Barbie ZipBin 40 Doll Dream House Toy Box & Playmat: This toy is great because not only does it provide a storage place for all those dolls, it also doubles as a playhouse.
21. Wonder Workshop Dash Robot: Program this robot to do a variety of things including dancing. You can even program him to avoid obstacles.
22. Play-Doh Perfect Twist Ice Cream Playset: Use the ice cream machine to make playful tasty treats.
23. Design Your Own Headphones: Color and design a pair of headphones to add your own unique style.
24. Craft-tastic String Art Kit: Learn the skill of string art to make some lovely creations.
25. K’NEX Thrill Rides 3-in-1 Classic Amusement Park Building Set: Build a ferris wheel that is 3 feet tall as well as two other amusement park rides.
26. Lionel Mickey Mouse Disney Ready to Play Train Set: Every kid needs a train set! Especially to put around the Christmas tree.
27. Gizmos & Gadgets: This kit allows kids to create objects that can be controlled with mobile devices.
28. PLAYMOBIL Take Along School House Playset: Playmobil toys last forever. This set allows kids to take their toys with them while they are out and about.
29. Pie Face Showdown: Get ready for some laughs with this game. All you need is a can of whipped cream.
30. Space Scooter: This scooter looks like a ton of fun. Move the standing platform up and down to make it move forward.
31. Karaoke System: Kids who love to sing and perform will fall in love with this gift. Turn on the lights to turn any room into a disco.
32. Cooking Class Book: Get kids in the kitchen and teach them how to cook. It is a skill they will lean on for years to come.
33. Crayola Emoji Maker: Make your own emoji stampers with this gift idea. You can also mix the colors to make new ones.
It looks like the kids did a pretty good job at picking out some fun gift ideas. What are your thoughts? Do you have any must have kid picks gift ideas to add to my list? Share them with me in the comments!