When trying to come up with a fun and delicious recipe for either breakfast or dessert, we decided on blueberry muffins with streusel topping. We plan to enjoy this while watching How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World out now on Digital & 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™ & DVD ! In each muffin, you have a little nod to Night and Light Fury all wrapped in a muffin liner!
What began as an unlikely friendship between an adolescent Viking and a fearsome Night Fury dragon has become an epic trilogy spanning their lives. In this next installment, the heroic pair finally fulfill their destinies; Hiccup (Jay Baruchel) as the village chief and ruler of Berk alongside Astrid (America Ferrera), and Toothless as the dragon leader of his own kind. As the Vikings and dragons of Berk face their darkest threat yet, the evil Grimmel (F. Murray Abraham),and Toothless discovers his soulmate, Light Fury – the bonds of Hiccup and Toothless’ friendship are tested like never before.
These muffins are hard to resist but the family tells me they are amazing. So, they must be shared!
The 10 year old loves to bake and share her creations (I think this is the 3rd thing in a week she’s baked…a bag of flour doesn’t last long around here).
The streusel topping is what takes these blueberry muffins to the next level. With the blueberries “popping” while cooking making an explosion of flavor in your mouth.
Get in the kitchen, or your inspire your kiddo to bake these as they are definitely a hit and perfect for your viewing of How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K Ultra Hd, BLU-RAYTM, DVD and digital:
- Alternate Opening with Intro by Writer/Director Dean DeBlois
- DreamWorks Shorts:
- Bilby – Directed by Liron Topaz, Pierre Perifel and JP Sans; produced by Jeff Hermann and Kelly Cooney Cilella. Threatened daily by the deadly residents and harsh environment of Australia’s Outback, a lonesome Bilby finds himself an unwitting protector, and unexpected friend, to a helpless (and quite adorable) baby bird.
- Bird Karma – Directed by William Salazar and produced by Jeff Hermann, the beautifully artistic 2D short film Bird Karma tells a delightfully lyrical and fully unexpected tale of a long-legged bird’s journey of blissful joy, inescapable greed and the accidental discovery of the consequences when too much is not enough.
- Deleted Scenes with Intros by Writer/Director Dean DeBlois
- How to Voice Your Viking – Go behind the scenes with the cast as they record the Viking voices of HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD.
- Creating an Epic Dragon Tale – Discover what filmmakers learned while crafting this epic dragon trilogy.
- How I Learned from Dragons – The diverse cast of characters reveal why they think the dragon trilogy is so special.
- Brave Wilderness Presents: Nature + Dragons = Awesome – Join Coyote Peterson, host of Brave Wilderness, as he explores what it takes to make the dragon’s characters come to life.
- The Dragon Sheep Chronicles – Protecting sheep from the dragons of Berk is no easy task but Hiccup has a plan.
- A Deck of Dragons – Observe four new dragons as Fishlegs unveils his original deck of dragon trading cards.
- Growing Up with Dragons – After years of being with these characters, hear the lasting effects of the dragon trilogy from the filmmaker’s perspective.
- The Evolving Character Design of Dragons – Cast and crew reveal what it was like to evolve not only the characters of HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD, but themselves as well.
- Drawing Dragons – Get a glimpse of what goes in to designing a DreamWorks dragon.
- Epic Villain – A different kind of villain, Grimmel brings great challenges to the village of Berk. Go behind the scenes as filmmakers breakdown this epic character.
- Astrid’s Whole Dragon Trilogy in 60 Seconds – Hold on tight as Astrid sums up the whole dragon trilogy in a legendary 60 seconds.
- Welcome to New Berk – With Hiccup as your guide, get a firsthand look at the updated Viking village of New Berk.
- Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Dean DeBlois, Producer Bradford Lewis and Head of Character Animation Simon Otto
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD will be available on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-rayTM, DVD and Digital.
- 3/4 cup milk (or milk alternative)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour (or gluten-free flour)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or dairy free substitute)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease or line muffin cups with paper liners.
- Make the streusel topping and set aside.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cut butter into mixture with a pastry cutter until well mixed and crumbly.
- Beat the milk, oil and egg in mixer. Mix in the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. At this point the batter will be lumpy. This is okay.
- Fold in the blueberries gently.
- Divide the batter into 12 cups (we used a 3T cookie scoop)
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the streusel topping onto each muffin.
- Bake muffins for about 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Allow muffins to cool for at least 5 minutes before devouring.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g