It’s been one year since I started eating gluten-free and dairy-free (okay, I’ve cheated like once or twice), but I haven’t had any bread or muffins. After a while, I didn’t really even want bread or cookies.
But, I got a craving for some recently and thought I could revamp an old recipe I cut out from a magazine and make some delicious gluten-free dairy-free banana raspberry muffins.
I used gluten free all purpose baking flour, organic sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, bananas, vanilla extract, almond milk, egg and frozen raspberries.
I quickly mixed the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet in another (including bananas). Once those were mixed, I folded the wet into the dry ingredients. then, I folded the raspberries in. It is suggested that you do so gently, but I sort of like them smashed up and mixed in a little more.
This makes about 24 regular sized muffins (or 23 if you are me!)
The result is a sweet muffin with a hint of tart and extra fruitiness.
And who doesn’t like a fruity slightly-tart muffin that is perfect for breakfast or a snack?
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup sugar in the raw
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large ripe or overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup almond milk, or other milk alternative
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray and/or liners.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; whisk to blend. Make a well in center; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine bananas, milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Pour batter into center of dry ingredients; fold together until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Fold in raspberries.
- Put batter into muffin tins (about 1/2 full)
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 17gNet Carbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g