I pretty much like everything pumpkin. The one and only exception is pumpkin pie…which everybody else in my family enjoys. So, what’s a girl to do? Take some pumpkin, find a recipe online and whip up a pumpkin pie.
Happy bellies= happy mommy!
What I do like are pumpkin muffins. They are delicious and you can add so much to them to make them more fun.
Flax seed? Sure. Yogurt? Why not. Pretty much anything seed you can add to them to change out the taste a bit.
These are some easy, tasty and versatile muffins sure to please!
Whole-wheat pumpkin chocolate chip marshmallow muffins
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil you could probably half this with applesauce, too.
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 carton pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. miniature marshmallows
- rolled oats for sprinkling
- Mix all ingredients together (or do the dry and wet separate then mix together).
- Pour into greased loaf pans, and top with rolled oats.
- Bake one hour at 350 (loaf), or do muffins for about 20-25 minutes.