We are a family that enjoys a good dessert. Sometimes it’s healthy like fruit or applesauce and sometimes we like to indulge a little more. Halloween is one of those times! Especially with a delicious and fun easy dirt dessert.
We’ve made dirt dessert before, but there were a lot more ingredients. And while it was good that way, it was more time consuming and the appreciation factor for the extra work wasn’t really there, so we decreased everything and the word is that they are delicious.
You will need sandwich cookies, chocolate pudding mix, whipped topping, cold milk and Tombstone marshmallows.
We blended up the pudding according to the box and allowed it to sit for the time recommended. Next we added our thawed whipped topping and mixed. While this was happening, the oldest took about 20 sandwich cookies in a plastic zippered bag and smashed them into crumbs.
To clear plastic cups, we added a spoonful of cookie crumbs to each cup. Then we topped that with some of the pudding mix. Continuing on, we added more cookies and more pudding until the cup is to the desired fullness leaving cookies as the final top layer.
We finished them with the tombstone marshmallows or other decorations. And a couple Mike & Ikes to look to like hands coming up…or flowers.
They were a hit all around and hit the dessert spot! I think it would be fun to make these in smaller cups too and make them into miniature desserts.
I think these would make a great treat at a Halloween party that everybody will enjoy!
- 1 pkg. 3.9 oz. Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 tub 8 oz. Whipped Topping, thawed
- 15-20 sandwich Cookies finely crushed
- Tombstone Marshmallows
- gummy candies like Mike & Ikes
- Follow pudding directions to make chocolate pudding.
- Stir in whipped topping.
- Add a spoonful of cookie crumbs to each cup.
- Top with some of the pudding mix.
- Add more cookies and more pudding until the cup is to the desired fullness leaving cookies as the final top layer.
- Finally, add tombstone marshmallows or other decorations. Top with gummy candy to look like hands coming up…or flowers.