Girls nights in are just as important as girls nights out. And, depending on what you have on hand, you can have just as much fun and accomplish a lot more.
Just last week, while my family was in Houston, I headed over to my sister’s house for a little girls night in. We were going to some crafting with her Silhouette machine, but we had to take a break because of a computer restart…always a fun time.
So, we took a forced break….a little drink (wine, if you are asking), a little snack (some root chips) and a show (Scandal…because Netflix binging is real!) (For the hubby and I, we’ve been watching Fixer Upper and we are pretty much addicted and want to make all the renovations to our house!)
Back to the girls night…we sat and chilled on the couch while watching and it was great. We had time to talk and discuss the show and then got to crafting later.
I didn’t think to bring my own wine, but next time I will and I’ll be making this recipe. It sounds perfect for a hot day at home and a refreshing drink!
Mint Blue Julep
Mint Blue Julep Recipe
- 3 oz. Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Moscato
- 3 tsp seltzer water
- 3 sprigs fresh mint
- 1/4 fresh blueberries optional
- Extra large ice cubes
- To make mint ice cubes, tear up about 8 mint leaves and freeze with water the night before.
- Muddle six mint leaves, powdered sugar and seltzer water in a glass or cocktail shaker.
- Add Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Moscato and shake or stir lightly to mix.
- Add ice cubes to your serving glass, pour drink over the ice and garnish with the remaining mint.
- *Entertaining Tip: Muddle a 1/4 cup of blueberries with your mint leave mix
*Thanks to Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi for providing the wine and the recipe!
What do you do for your girls night in? I’d love to hear your suggestions and ideas!